“Highly recommended; beautiful place”
Review of Inlet Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Inlet Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at the Inlet Inn by myself for a relaxing get-away. It was an amazing experience. The rooms were big and bright. I stayed in a waterfront room with a private patio... highly recommend this. The view of the water was fantastic and I enjoyed sitting in the rocking chair, watching the boats come in and out. You walk across the street to catch the boats that go out to the islands and beaches. The location is perfect; I never used my car because I could walk to everything. It felt very safe as well. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Go for the waterfront rooms ;)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank lma555

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Inlet Inn was about half-way on our trip along the North and South Carolina coasts. How did they know I would be sunburned by then?? Seriously, I know it is a small thing, but the little container of Aloe Gel was a life-saver!!! What a great thing to offer in a coastal town! It was just what I needed. The room was also nice and clean! It was also so cool to have breakfast delivered to the room . . . and so quickly after I ordered it. The only suggestion I would make is to include coffee with the breakfast. I know there is a coffee maker in the room, but I needed just a bit more. Obviously, this wasn't a deal breaker, because I still rated The Inlet Inn a 5!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank katiandsteve
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Desperately needed a place to stay for one night after arriving late without any Hotel reservation.
Luckily we got a room at the Inlet Inn.
The owners are lovely and breakfast is even served to your room at your preferred time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeR1989
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We managed to get a room at the last minute. It was a nice stay. Close to the water, shops, restaurants. The room we stayed in needed some newer furniture. It looked a little tired and worn. Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Peggy B
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Inlet Inn is in a great location. All of the restaurants in town are within easy walking distance. The ferry boats to the Rachel Carson Refuge and to Shackleford Banks Island are literally just across the street. Our room on the first floor was very spacious and the view from our private porch was great, looking out on the marina and across the water to the refuge islands. I'm sure the view from the second floor rooms is even better. This was probably the quietest hotel that I have ever stayed at even though it sits right on the main street along the harbor. The room was very clean and the furnishings were in very good condition. The bathroom showed a bit of age but it was very clean and there was plenty of hot water and a nice shower head to provide a good, relaxing shower. The people at the desk were very friendly and everything was in order with our reservation. The only two minor issues for us were: 1) the WIFI service was fairly weak and slow and 2) the continental breakfast delivered to your room is apparently limited to muffins, bagels and coffee and starts at 7:30 AM. We are early risers and enjoy a larger selection for breakfast so we skipped the hotel breakfast completely and walked across the street to the Boardwalk Café and had a great breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, grits and toast at a very reasonable price. And the Boardwalk Café has outside seating which is great if the wind is not blowing too hard. We would definitely stay here again and I will call further ahead for reservations so that we can get a second story room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BlueScorpion74
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Best location Beaufort. Directly across from Kayak rentals. Good value. Good Continental breakfast. We were on first floor waterfront and did have quite a bit of street noise but the dehumidifier and a/c drowned them out. Just wish the bed did not squeak.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank CAB109
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I loved the Inlet Inn and I would highly recommend it for anyone visiting Beaufort. I was in a second floor water-view room (202 I think?). I had no complaints at all really.

But there are a couple little things that may concern other travelers. 1) the quality and freshness of the pillows was not the best. I am sure if I had brought this to the attention of the staff, they would have changed them but it was not a big issue for me. And 2) the dehumidifier in the room is pretty noisy. If you need to have it on while you are in the room this can be an issue, but I just turned it on when I left and off when I returned.

The highlights of Inlet Inn overcome any little negatives I mention by far! The view is just beautiful! Carrott Island and the waterfront of Beaufort just outside the balcony doors. The rooms are very spacious with a light/airy feel. First and second floor rooms have balconies (third floor rooms do not). Beds are comfy, clean. Refrigerator actually worked well! The front desk and housekeeping staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I was made to feel welcome and my special requests were not a problem at all. The location is just perfect!

I highly recommend Inlet Inn and will stay again as my travels may take me back to Beaufort.

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center. I gave it a "3" because there is no "n/a".
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kcw123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Inlet Inn? Share your experiences!