“Loved it!”

Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining in Historic Beaufort, North Carolina. Recently renovated, ahhhmazing views, covered waterfront deck! Bar & Lounge with waterfront views & full menu service. A beautiful setting to relax,enjoy a great meal and true southern hospitality! Serving FRESH LOCAL CARTERET CATCH and CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF. Our in house BAKERY provides fabulous desserts, breads, special orders and retail/take out service. Dinner reservations recommended and accepted by telephone only. CALL FOR OFF SEASON HOURS
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The food was very good. I got the shrimp and grits appetizer for my meal and it was plenty. It was a little spicey though. Everything is pricey, but it's in a tourist town and to be expected. My husband said the crab cake was the best he's every had!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I went for dinner with my friend Mileidys who came from Colombia to visit during her vacations I was very impressed with the food and service. Even though it was a little cool, we chose to dine outside. Thkoe view of the waterfront was great and the fact that we were able to see a dolphin while we were eating was a plus to the experience. I had the Scallops Parmesano and Mile had the 12 oz Ribeye Steak, both plates were presented well and tastes delicious. Our server was very attentive and took good care of us. Totally recommend this restaurant ti dine with friends or a lovely date.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Consistently a winner! Great waiters, service and food. I had the trigger fish special; perfectly cooked and a generous portion. My friends had mahai, shrimp, and crab-the plates were cleaned. My mixed drink was a good pour.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I ate at this restaurant more than a dozen times this past month.
The gumbo was excellent and reasonably prices. A nice find of a restaurant with an excellent porch overlooking the water. Excellent bakery too.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The first time my husband and I ate here (3+ years ago) the food and drinks were excellent, as was the service. We recommended the resturant to several of our friends. We re-visited the Inn 3 Jan '14, as we wanted to take my visiting sister out to a nice dinner. We were sorely disappointed. The service was attrocious; after finally arriving to take our order, the waiter ignored us repeatedly in favor of other tables, failed to provide drink refills, and when asked for help resolving issues with our meals offered no assistance other than vauge platitudes about how busy the resturant was (it wasn't). The kitchen was slow as well.
My husband and MIL both ordered steak. Both steaks were over cooked (apparently "as rare as possible" sounds similar to "well done"??), and cold to the touch, as were the vegetables. After asking our waiter for help and recieveing none, my husband went to hunt down the manager. The manager did have new meals sent out to them, but by the time the second round arrived (still somewhat overdone), it was time for us to leave, as we had been there for two hours already, and only two out of five people had actually eaten.
When we relayed our frustration and displeasure to the manager on our way out, the level of interest and concern was underwhelming.
In short - after our disastrous second visit, and the managments impressive lack of interest in making it right, we can no longer recommend The Spouter Inn to friends and co-workers.

Robin H, Owner at The Spouter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

I sincerely thank you for your review. While we do not receive many in house complaints or negative reviews, we do appreciate all, and we really do want to know! When a valued customers is disappointed, we always strive to "fix" the problem, turn it around asap and make our customers happy! We are known for our excellence in hospitality! It sounds as though we really blew it for you and your guests on the evening of 1/3/14. I sincerely apologize.

I have followed up with my staff and reiterated our procedure for handling any dissatisfaction. I would like to send you a complimentary gift certificate in hopes that you will return to The Spouter Inn. Please email me your address to spouter@thespouterinn.com. I am asking for an opportunity to make this right! Please do not give up on The Spouter Inn!

Robin Held