“Great views/good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Finz Grill & Bar
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, International
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Naples, Florida
“Great views/good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Finz has a primo spot on the water so the views are great! It's a really small place with some outdoor seating. We had a great server but the menu is typical bar-type food. Lots of fried stuff but overall was a great lunch.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank LinaMac

Thomasville, North Carolina
“Used to be much better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spent the this 4th with relatives in Newport and have been to Finz many many times in the past. Service has definitely had it ups and downs , but this past visit hit a new low. We were there well after the lunch hour about 2 pm and waited in the bar for an outside table. We had 3 children with us , we were out of all of the bring along snacks and asked the bartender if we could order food at the bar to tide them over. For the first time ever, we were told at a bar that we could not order food there and would have to wait to be seated and that only our waiter could order that for us. My daughters was having a low blood sugar and was beginning to feel bad, so I went to the hostess and she said it should be no problem. She went to try to figure out her our waiter might be in 20 minutes or so - a couple of waiters later we got some food ordered. In the meantime, I had to leave the restaurant in search for some snack to get my daughter feeling better. We walked down to the General store in town for some peanuts. She proceeded to eat the whole jar. By the time we got back, our relatives had been seated and we had the ordered appetizer. The waiter was fine. Lunch took about 30 minutes to get. Normally the tuna is good. The 2 people who ordered tuna ( the appetizer and the sandwich ) said it was chewy and did not eat it . The shrimp and oyster burgers are always good. So unfortunately , our experience was so poor this visit we will no longer be recommending this to friends and will not be returning. I hope no one has a hypoglycemic attack and passed out waiting on food there. It would be much smarter to have lunch at Beaufort grocery or Stillwater.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not great and overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Not impressed.....I had a taco salad that was overpriced and soggy. Our waitress wasn't very attentive. My husband got a wrap and it was dry. Lots of better options in Beaufort.

Visited July 2014
Findlay, Ohio
“Probably better places in the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I went on a boat ride in Beaufort, and we needed some place to eat. We randomly chose this place because of the wide variety of choices on the menu. We probably could've picked a better place. My dad and I got the crab cake sandwich, and it was way too big and didn't really taste like crab. My husband and grandma got burgers, and they were bigger than we thought they would be. Mom got the quesadillas and liked those. The quality of food just wasn't that great. However, our waitress was very nice and prompt about getting us food and drinks. She also brought out a cheesecake since it was my grandma's birthday.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved our lunch! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for a little lunch after visiting Fort Macon, and were very happy we did. We sat on the back porch and watched the boats go by. My hubby got the crab cake sandwich, and I got the shrimp & cheese sandwich. Both were very good! We would definitely go again!