“Good staff”
Review of Beech Mountain

Beech Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: All-season activities abound at this mountain resort area: skiing, tubing and snowboarding in the winter; hiking, fishing and biking in the summer.
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is our first time at this resort and we picked it because they had a full-day ski class for kids. Because of the very mild weather and it being early in the season...slopes were mostly clear...my kids (2 aged 8 and 10) got an excellent instructor to themselves. They had fun and learned. Kudos to the staff! Will be returning!

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Some good but short runs. Much better jumps than at Sugar for those trying to make it to the X GAMES. There's a bar at the top which I think is fairly new. Have a few rounds of local brew and then stumble down the hill.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

While this is an outstanding location, the hype had me expecting more. Great vista, but the owners don't seem to be reinvesting in the property or equipment very much. Steel grates on the many stairs appeared to have snapped, the skis and boots were tired, and the poles had been exhausted early in the day. The saving grace of the property were the guys in the group sales ski rental office - quick, terrific, and thorough - and very friendly with the kids. Although I didn't see anything specifically unsafe in the equipment, I was underwhelmed in comparison to other eastern-US properties. I'd pay a few dollars more if I thought it would matter - but it seems the profit from the property is not being returned to its operation and maintenance.

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Its unfortunate our experience with Beech Mountain over the holiday weekend. The conditions were great, weather was spot on... only one problem-- Beech Mountain ran out of rentals and only told skiers this AFTER they purchased lift tickets. If you're visiting on a busy holiday weekend I suggest calling ahead before making the drive up the mountain.

3  Thank MafiaChica
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Very easy to access and the staff was super friendly. Great price and a lot of fun! I would go again and appreciated the team members as I am not the best skier!

3  Thank Sasha P