“Great Stay!”
Beech's Cozy Cottage
Winter wonderland King bed w/ fall duvet
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Winter wonderland
King bed w/ fall duvet
Master w/ fireplace
living rm/dining area w/ fireplace
dining area w/ fireplace
dining rm/ kitchen
living area/kitchen
laundry room
entry level bathroom
fully equipped kitchen
Master bedroom w/ Spring duvet
back deck off master bedroom w/ hot tub
fireplace & chaise in bedroom
nature!  (note to self: bring food in at night!)
hot tub view
hot tub view
ahhhh... the hot tub
waiting for you!!!
another side view
from the top of the drive way, tucked away nicely into the forest
the back deck w/ hot tub
master fireplace & reading nook
dining area & fireplace
fully equipped kitchen
king w/ Fall duvet
driveway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

I took my three teenage children for a snowboard trip to Beech Mountain. It is very close to the slopes. The house is very comfortable. I loved the bed and my kids loved the hot tub! Very enjoyable stay.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
travelall...
Florida
“Absolutely Perfect!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

We were so excited for our ski vacation and to stay in this cozy cottage, and we were more than thrilled upon our arrival! We walked through the fresh snow to the warm and inviting home with the fireplaces lit! Danna cares so much about her guests, and this is apparent the first time you speak with her, and by the clean, nicely decorated and well appointed house. This cottage has everything you could need and want.
The "sleep in late bed" as another guest stated was a perfect description, it is so comfortable. The downstairs pull out sofa bed with air mattress was so comfy for our girls, and they had their own fireplace! We have a daughter that has night terrors and another super early riser, and we didn't hear a peep from the girls until after 7AM every morning. Awesome.
Sitting outside in the hot tub was so relaxing, it is so private and beautiful. The cottage is so close to everything, yet it feels like your far away from it all.
There were deer all over the place on the way to and from the cottage and on the property. They even ate our apples! What a highlight.
There were real tears shed when we were packing up to leave and we assured the girls that we will return.
We cannot thank you enough, Danna, for such an amazing stay and vacation!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 Feb 2014
Wow! Thank you guys so very much for such kind words! This is our goal for every single guest who stays with us... ultimate relaxation; wonderful memories; escape from reality... if only for a few days; & being treated as though you are part of the family!!! :)
Thank you for respecting our home as your own, it is so greatly appreciated!!!! Can't wait for your next adventure with us!
Tampa Bay Florida

Reviewed 18 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
18 Sep 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We wish all of our guests a wonderful experience & are grateful that you chose to stay with us! We can't wait to have you back!
AL
Reviewed 14 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

14 Sep 2012
This was a VERY unfortunate situation... not quite accurate on their account, however not many of the harassing emails & bogus inquiry have been since the charge. In our 5 years of servicing our guests, we have NEVER had to take a full deposit (only one other partial deposit, to be exact!). This guest has been quite upset that she was charged, however she failed to mention a few more of the reasons WHY she was charged… like the additional guests not on her agreement that stayed (was for 2 adults); the smoking @ our "non smoking" home; the fridge left full of their food; my silverware & their spaghetti found out in our yard; the home left in complete disarray; the bag of all air mattress contents missing (that as of 4 weeks & 5 days after they left, had yet to be returned - was just returned this week [keeping in mind that I was accused of lying because they didn't even use it, yet left it thrown in the floor for no apparent reason]); my season's stock of toilet paper & paper towels completely used/missing/gone (that I had just restocked & only had 2 guests stay prior to this guest, one of which is a repeat guest for 3 years now & has never had an issue.); every linen was used... mind you, there were "2" people on the agreement; the fact that I had late check in for my next guests (for the first time ever) due to the extensive cleaning required after these guests. The agreement also explains everything in great detail... which she claimed she didn't know any of this, yet she signed! As for the deposit, it was not 3 weeks after her stay when I charged her, by then we had already had multiple conversations back & forth via email. I did, however, extend her the courtesy of waiting to see if she would return the call I left her @ 1:31pm the day of her departure to address my concerns. (With a 3 minute 19 second voice mail explaining my concerns with the way our home was left & to see if they happened to grab the air mattress & supplies by mistake) I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, before assuming what happened in our home, although the neighbor & housekeeping filled in the blanks! Somehow though, this keeps coming back to me being this horrible scam artist; housekeeping that can’t do their job on time & a neighbor who didn’t know what they saw… The ironic thing about this situation is that I have had the same neighbors; housekeepers & owners for 5 years with an incredible reputation for customer service & hospitality... the ONLY variable... this guest!
I haven't heard anything from the BBB as of yet. I'm really not sure what she is talking about with the fraud accusation, but if she feels the need to continue harassing me when I have done absolutely NOTHING wrong & have tried to be as professional as humanly possible with that same respect not being given in return; then my hope is that the BBB would see what all of our other guests have seen.
As far as risking their lives down the dangerous driveway, I’m not sure what they were doing behind the wheel of one of the multiple cars that would have caused their lives to be at risk. It is a gravel driveway & we are on a mountain, but we are tucked into the forest; we aren’t hanging off the edge of a cliff! I find this situation VERY sad! My husband & I work so hard to make sure everyone who stays in our home has nothing less than a wonderful experience with memories to cherish, sacrificing our “family vacations” to do upkeep on our home for our guests to enjoy & for the first time EVER… because someone is angry & didn’t get their way, they have chosen to take it this approach... just disheartening!
All I ask of my guests when they stay is to respect us & our home; when we entrust our guests with our home, we ask that you return it in the same condition it was given to you in, it is just common courtesy & respect... that was definitely NOT the case in this situation. VERY UNFORTUNATE!
SC
Reviewed 6 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$137
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing