The Pinnacle Inn
Four Seasons at Beech(Beech Mountain)(Great Value!)
US$89
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk(Banner Elk)(Great Value!)
US$101
ComfortSuites
Courtyard Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$89
Beech Alpen Inn(Beech Mountain)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Cedar Village(Beech Mountain)
Hotels.com
All reviewsindoor poolcondo complexping pongski resortboth bedroomssteam roomconference roomnice resortfront officefree shuttlewasher dryerrooms are nicetubsretreatchalet
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

If you enjoy clean and cozy rooms or condos make sure NOT to chose this one!!! Couldn't be more outdated! Dirty couches, floors weren't moped , ceiling fast had and inch of dust... Just awful! So not worth the money!!! After we companies about the room not being cleaned I was told there will be housekeeping send in to clean. We'll let me tell you, supposedly two ppl came but not sure what they cleaned so I complained again. After that they said they only do " big cleaning" in spring! Really!?!? Yuk!!! Unfortunately this was my second time , totally different condo . Reason we returned was because the first time we thought we just " didn't get lucky"... No same old dirty condo. Will NEVER stay here.
Pool and jacuzzi is great but that's about the only thing!

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Thestejskals
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was in a great location high atop a mountain,, it is in need of overall maintenance. However my greatest problem with it is that they do NOT keep the stairways and walkways cleared of the snow and iced. we were on the 2nd floor and it was very icy the first 2 days of our trip.

Room Tip: get on the first floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

This was the second year my husband and I have stayed at The Pinnacle Inn over the winter holidays. This year we really lucked up with the room!! We chose it online but were very impressed. It had been newly remodeled ( to my knowledge each condo is owned by individuals). We had a great view of the slopes!! Enjoyed our time there!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Pinnacle Inn is an awesome retreat on top of a tall (for the eastern US) mountain. The condos are individually owned so the decoration is unique to each one. When checking in ask about the view you want (ski slope, Grandfather Mountain, other). If you want cozy and can climb a few stairs unit 4306 is a 3rd floor ski suite with new furnishings, a king bed, and an awesome view of Grandfather Mtn. The landscaping here is usually very well done but the weather can rough it up in winter. But hey, it's a mountain top. The outside has been painted with a product that is not holding up in the winter weather so the Pinnacle HOA is currently seeking a solution. I go often and will continue for the views and the cool mountain air.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here twenty years ago and it's only gotten worse with age. Take advice of other reviewers and check your room before you check in. It felt like a scene from the Exorsist with all the dead flies on the windowsill and it was cold January! Dirty towels from previous guests were left hanging on curtains. Because the resort sits atop a hill, the wind can howl and make the fireplace rattle all night. My kids said I got gypped and I sadly have to agree with them. :(

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family