The Pinnacle Inn
Little Main Street Inn(Banner Elk)(Great Value!)
US$102
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk(Banner Elk)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$86
Westglow Resort & Spa(Blowing Rock)
US$374
TripAdvisor
US$60
Comfort Suites(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$81
Cedar Village(Beech Mountain)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolcondo complexping pongski resortboth bedroomssteam roomconference roomnice resortfront officefree shuttlewasher dryerrooms are nicetubsretreatchalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2009

Our condo unit was nice and had a pleasant view overlooking the slopes. The units are all furnished differently, so take the time to go through the website where you can see photos of each individual unit. Ours had a stone fireplace, w/d and internet. The bedding and furnishings in our unit were decent.

I booked our unit directly over the phone. While on the phone, I was told that I could browse the units online and call back if I decided I wanted a different unit. I asked about AAA or discounts and the lady responded "we are not a hotel."

When I went online to look at our unit versus others, I also noticed that they were offering a 15% discount for three night stays. When I called back to change my unit, I asked for the discount (which amounted to about $80). I was told that the discount is only available when the unit is initially booked. When I replied that I booked by phone and was not told about the discount, the lady (same one I booked with initially) began addressing me in a very condescending, patronizing and unprofessional tone. I was advised in very strong terms that I would not be granted any discount. This somewhat tainted my feelings about staying there. I found the rest of the staff to be friendly and accomodating, but the initial treatment put somewhat of a cloud on our stay.

My advice would be to check the units online and check for discounts before you call to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank coastalhead
Reviewed 28 April 2008

I have been visiting Beech Mountain and the Pinnacle since the late '80s. Beech is a beautiful destination in late summer as it remains some 20-degrees cooler than the rest of NC. Add to it the excellent lodgings and nice facilities you have a great combination at any price. Considering the cost is only around $100/night for a full apartment and you have an excellent value.

This recent visit I stayed in a room that had an extensive patio next to the room in addition to the standard deck. It was facing the green slopes of Ski Beech. The condo was very well stocked and had no physical problems whatsoever (this has sometimes been an issue at some of the other privately-owned condos at Pinnacle due to age). The master BR's bed was very firm, and had an older, somewhat dingy comforter on it. That aside, everything else about the condo was excellent.

The 4-seasons center (aka, indoor pool) is also showing its age, but the pool and whirlpools were excellent. The sauna and steamrooms were both very clean and much appreciated. During my stay staff were removing the old weightroom equipment - it was getting a bit old and worn, so it will be interresting to see if it is being replaced. No matter, the location is great for hiking so who needs the weight machine anyway?

The grounds are spectacular with many varieties of flowers neatly landscaped. The gate guard and other staff are always very friendly, as are most all of the local businesses. A couple businesses are a short walk from the site including a general store, pizzeria, coffee shop and ski/bike shop. Grandfather mountain is a short drive away. Boone is about 45-minutes, taking it easy. The views from the Pinnacle are spectacular in every direction (best is sunrise over Grandfather, which you actually look down on slightly from Beech).

This is a great location for families large and small.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2007

Each condo is individually owned by an owner. The one we stayed in was a one bedroom with a bunkbed and a pull out sofa. Check in was great and the lady at the front desk was super nice. The indoor pool was great. A free shuttle bus took you to Ski Beech. The only complaint I had was that I wish the condo had a dishwasher in it.

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 8 June 2007

Been to Pinnacle too many times to count...over 20 years! Love the facilities, the staff and especially the pool and hot tubs. My children have grown up on the playground and putt-putt course. The rooms are nice, comfortable with all the amenities of home. Pinnacle is a home away from home! Nice, clean, quiet. A wonderful place to RELAX on vacation or for the weekend! First time to Beech was as a young girl going to visit the Land of Oz theme park. Loved it then and love it more now. If you haven't had the chance yet...check out Autumn at Oz (first weekend in October). If you are an Oz fan or not, you will love it all from the hayride to Dorothy's house and everyhting in between!

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank lynnerleigh
Reviewed 5 January 2007

What a wonderful place to stay. It was autumn and all the leaves were turning colors. The views were unbelievable and the colors absolutely amazing.

The weather was great too - cool mornings and nights. We particularly enjoyed running from the heated, indoor pool back to the condo- it was quite stimulating.

The condo (we stayed in 2304) was great too. We like to cook for ourselves, and the kitchen was fully stocked. We've actually stayed at pricier resorts (which were furnished and stocked as well) but always had to run out for the small items - salt, sugar, paper towels, etc. I definitely appreciated the fact that it was all there.

Definitely a great place. Absolutely worth another trip. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank archie58