“So so”

Brick Oven
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Play Putt Putt Day And Night And In Summer We Do Outdoor Movies On A 300" Screen With Surround Sound
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The pizza was just okay. One of our kids compared it to a frozen one from the grocery store that we could have cooked at home. We're not convinced that it was brick oven. Service was fine, but we found it odd that not all the menu items were available. We also ordered the onion rings. After tasting those, most of them sat in the basket. It's quite possible that this pizza really is loved by some people, but we were not fans. We'll try another pizza place on our next trip.

There are newer reviews for Brick Oven

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived into the area and knew we could take our dog with us to Brick Oven. We sat outside and enjoyed chicken Parmesan. I ordered the regular with baked Ziti. The food was hot and plentiful. Chicken was moist. We took a Margareta pizza back to condo with us for later.
Portions were good, favors too.
Menu was limited so attention to the food was good.
Staff friendly.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Based on the reviews we read we called to see if we could bring our dog with us to eat and they said they have outside dining tables and well behaved dogs are welcome. At the top of Beech mountain the view was nice. Music playing, fire pit going. Didn't realize it was a order / pickup place but staff were friendly and service good. We ordered chicken Parmesan which was a good portion and good flavor. Shared a side salad and ordered a pizza to go. Very nice place to eat, especially with our sweet dog outside. We didn't have ice cream but it looked yummy.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have a vacation house across the street from the Brick Oven and I am so glad we do! Everyone in my family LOVES the pizza, pasta, breads, salads, etc. We go up to Beech twice every year and Brick Oven is a staple. We probably end up there every other night we are in town. We have never been treated poorly during any of our visits which I'm guessing has easily exceed 50+ visits.

Yes, it gets busy during ski season and slower during off season, so keep that in mind and plan ahead. During ski season we often call ahead and get it to go since we are a large family and don't want the kids to have to wait in a crowded restaurant. But then other nights we walk over so they can play in the great arcade. It's a win-win either way.

Keep up the great work Brick Oven!!! See you soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to dinner here over Memorial Day. It is right at the top of Beech Mountain and the ski slope is right across the road. The location couldn't have been better. I was surprised to see the place almost deserted.

I ordered a cheese steak, fries and a drink. The total came to almost $17 which I found to be a bit expensive. However, the staff was MOST accommodating. I asked to sit in a closed section of the restaurant so that I could keep an eye on my dog in the car. They told me to bring my dog in! Mind you, we sat in a deserted section of the restaurant, by the bar.

I am planning on returning on my next trip to the area.

1  Thank BCole61