“Snowboard Extravaganza!”
other travellers have booked this property
Chalet in Summer
Upstairs Master Bedroom with Master Bath
Upstairs Master Bedroom with Master Bath
Upstairs Master bath
Upstairs master bath
Basement with small ping pong table and washer/dryer
semi covered deck with dining for two and bench seating around the deck. Also, gas grill not in pic.
Ring Toss game on deck
Hammock in yard during Summer.
One of our visitors
Just a short walk to Lake Coffey for fishing, canoe rental, Basketball, pool, fitness Center, tennis
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Christoph...
“Snowboard Extravaganza!”
Reviewed 26 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Place was great. Had everything you could need, plenty of room, and even a nice drinking game you can play on the porch.

27 Jan 2017
So glad you enjoyed.
We try our best to make our vacation home like home to our guests!
Thank you!
rosemay57
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Peaceful, secluded, roomy, mountain chalet to escape the summer heat.”
Reviewed 6 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I decided to vacation in the High Country of NC because our youngest daughter was unable to come home (Washington D.C. Metro area) for the summer, due to a mandatory summer class she was attending at Lees McRae College. We stayed for 8 days.
Michelle quickly responded to all my questions via e-mail, regarding the Bentley Chalet, before and during our stay and the provided precise instructions about accessing the house.
First of all, I have to say that the house was immaculately clean with fresh linens on the beds and plenty of nice quality towels in the bathrooms and linen closet. We brought our own beach towels for swimming but never had a chance to use them because there so much to do. For those of you who work during vacation (Yes, I confess.), the Wi-Fi was rapid and reliable.
The sectional L shape sofa in the living room is large enough for two adults. Michelle and Tim have thought of everything and have light weight decorative blankets you can cuddle up with when witching TV. I felt like I was at home because I have blankets for the same use.
We could not see another house from the Bentley Chalet, but in case of an emergency we were not so secluded that we couldn't walk to another home in less 5 minutes. Deer walked by the deck everyday expecting to be fed. My daughter stayed a few nights and enjoyed lying in the hammock, while reading a book.

We love to cook and found most of the equipment in the kitchen we needed to create a fine meal. I did have to mince everything by hand to make fresh pesto because I could not find a blender or a food processor but since we don’t typically drink frozen drinks, it was not a big deal. Of course, we also ate at the many restaurants in Banner Elk, Boone and Beech Mountain.

The chalet is located near many vineyards, restaurants, galleries, outdoor wonderment, historic areas and of course hiking trails. I will have to return to Bentley Chalet next summer, even if my daughter is not attending summer school, because my older daughter and her husband want to see the area and escape the NYC summer heat.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
7 Aug 2016
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to have our guests have the most amenities of home while still want to create the feel of a "Vacation". So sorry you didn't find our blender or mixer until your checkout day. I am considering changing the location in the cabinet so future guests will see easily. We hope to see you again soon at The Bentley Chalet!
Tim and Michelle Bentley
gmawof05
“Wonderful place, all the comforts of home.”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We had a great time. Close the slopes and everything else. We want to make this a annual event. The town is a neat little place. And this home was perfect.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
18 Apr 2016
So glad you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you come back again to our Beech Mountain Chalet.
The Bentleys'
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing