“Spectacular stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Belmont B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Spectacular stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our family of four stayed at this lovely villa. There was more than enough room for all of us, and it was more spacious than we expected. I can't say enough great things about this home and the lakeside property oasis. It was luxurious, relaxing and the house was spick and span clean. Melanie was helpful and responsive to any questions during our entire stay. We felt blown away by her hospitality. We hope to be back some day to this truly special place!

P.S. although not advertised, there is a separate movie room with a projection screen. Our kids loved watching TV on it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vivian B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family and I just stayed at The Villa at Waters Edge just to get away for a relaxing weekend. Goal accomplished! Sometimes internet pics are not what you actually get when you get there. The Villa was all that and then some. I am a fan of B&Bs and I have my favorites, but this one has been added to the top of my list. I loved it and I will return in the very near future. This is like staying at your own personal vacation home without all the responsibility that comes with it. The amenities are great! Everything you could need in every area of the home. The only thing I would add would be more curtains in the living area for privacy, but I am a curtain kind of person. My daughter, who is 8 years old, really loved the media room with projector screen. You don't need to go to the movies. Bring your favorite, although there is a nice selection already in the media room. I loved the kitchen island, the master bedroom with soaker tub (I've got to get one!), the great view of the lake, and the privacy. We also really enjoyed the iphone docking station/cd player in the living area. It added to the relaxing atmosphere. I wish my schedule and budget would allow me to stay here at least once a month. Melanie, the owner, was very gracious and accommodating. I made reservations at 2am, the day OF my arrival, and she personally took my call with a smile I could feel and hear through the phone. Did I say it was 2AM in the MORNING. She was very accessible and helpful for the duration of our visit. It was a great experience. Thanks Melanie. Keep doing what you are doing.

Lisa B.

Room Tip: You get the whole upper level of the house plus grounds and a lake. Every room is good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Melanie and her home were beyond amazing! My family stayed there for one night, and it was just going to be a place to lay our heads after a long day at the nearby Carowinds Amusement Park. We arrived, and were BLOWN AWAY! The pictures, although gorgeous on the websites, do not do justice to seeing it all in person. I have never stayed in a home, let alone a hotel, this spectacular. My three children felt like they were in a dream. We had to leave to go get dinner because we didn't prepare to make dinner there, and that was a disappointment, as the kitchen was nothing short of a chefs dream kitchen. Melanie has thought of everything to make her home feel as though it is your home when you come stay. She even had fresh flowers on the counter for our arrival! We loved the cinema room! Melanie had 2 blow-up mattresses....along with extra sheets, that the children blew up, and enjoyed laying on in the cinema room, as my boyfriend and myself enjoyed the spacious and very comfortable couches in there. We felt like we were in a movie theater....only we were comfortable! We were lucky enough to have had the pleasure of meeting her in person when we arrived, and it will be so nice to have be able to put a face to the most hospitable hostess we have ever encountered, let alone the most memorable place we have ever stayed. She was always just a phone call or a text away if we needed anything. We will all have wonderful memories of the dream home we had the pleasure to stay at. We cannot wait to come back! Thank you so much for everything Melanie!

Tina and Mike

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Proctorville, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here when attending a wedding. It was a short drive from the Separk Mansion in Gastonia (the wedding venue). We loved our stay here. We shared the Villa with friends from Germany and it was a perfect place to catch up on their lives. Such a relaxed and restful environment. I will definitely stay here again when I am in this area. Nice kitchen to fix meals. Wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
MelanieGraham, Owner at The Villa At Waters Edge, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Just wanted to say it was totally my pleasure to host your family. We thoroughly enjoyed having a chance to meet you and hope only the best for you and your family in the future. Its so rewarding to know that the Villa was a relaxing comfort for you. Sounds like the wedding was beautiful and we are glad we provided your accommodations. Please come back anytime.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We found The Villa at Waters Edge by pure luck while searching the internet for accommodations near the Charlotte, NC area. We were blown away by their website and offerings so we decided to book a 3 night stay with them. I spoke with Melanie who was wonderful to talk with. We had great communications up until the moment we arrived. Once we entered the villa, we were just overwhelmed with the ambiance, cleanliness, views, furnishings and overall splendor of the home. Melanie welcomed up there moments before we arrived, said to contact her with any questions and thanked us for staying moments before we left. The villa is by far one of the best accommodations we have had. If have you the chance, stay here you will not be disappointed ! Thank you to Melanie and The Villa for giving us a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
MelanieGraham, Manager at The Villa At Waters Edge, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We so thoroughly enjoyed sharing our place with you. It was so exciting to hear that you saw the deer as they visit our hideaway from time to time. We hope it was a rewarding and relaxing experience and you and your family are welcome anytime. Thank you for noticing the small touches we take pleasure in providing our guests. You are the reason we are in the hospitality business. "Its our passion to serve" All the best to you. Hope to see you again soon.......:)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful Thankgiving weekend at the Villa. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas and we felt smothered in luxury. Many nice touches throughout. It has a very well appointed kitchen, many lovely views and spaces inside and out. The Proprietor was available and solicitous. It is very convenient to the Charlotte Airport, Stowe Gardens and many local attractions. Hope to come this summer. I highly recommend the Villa.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Incredible place. Just a short stay after a Panthers game, but thoroughly enjoyed it all. Great view, great amenities, just all around a much better experience than cramming into a hotel for the same cost. Loved the open floorplan and the dual sided fireplace. The manager (owner?) was in contact for anything we needed. Will be back for a longer stay in the future.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank muscgamecock
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel
Courtyard Charlotte Airport North

Been to The Villa At Waters Edge? Share your experiences!