“Disappointed :(”

Old Stone Steakhouse Limited
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Stone Steakhouse Limited is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Belmont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I made reservations to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My husband and I arrived before our 5:30 reservation and was immediately greeted at the door. However, our reserved booth/table was at the back of the restaurant facing the kitchen. I had a view of the kitchen and several garbage cans. I was immediately sorry I had made plans to spend our anniversary dinner at Old Stone. First off, there are lots of selections on the menu (steak, chicken, pasta, etc.) No low calorie or low carbs. Prices are very expensive. Salad is a lettuce wedge with a few toppings and your choice of dressing. Rolls were very good; fresh, right out of the oven. The steak I ordered was nothing special. Baked potato was very small. The dining room was very small and very plain. I had views of the kitchen all evening. The waitress was pleasant. After we left, I realized there was seating on the patio (enclosed for the winter). This was a pleasant Saturday evening with temperatures in the 50's. I glanced into the patio area and realized there was a nice fire in the fireplace. How I wish we had been able to spend our evening out there instead of in the cramped dining area. I assume you have to ask to be seated on the patio. However, I don't plan to return so I won't find out.

2  Thank SeashellSC
OldStone23, Owner at Old Stone Steakhouse Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

My name is Matt and I'm the owner of Old Stone. First off, happy (late) anniversary to you and your husband. I'm very sorry you did not completely enjoy your experience with us. While we do not have any low calorie or low carb options printed on the menu we will absolutely alter any dish as much as possible to accommodate a particular diet upon request. I also apologize you did not enjoy your table in the dining room. Some folks actually enjoy being near the kitchen while other folks actually feel put off for being seated on the patio (for which I have actually apologized for on this forum). Everyone has their own preference and it's impossible for the hostesses to know without a little direction. Again, we will always accommodate when possible upon request for a particular table/section and won't be offended if you tell us where you would like to sit. If you do decide to give us the chance again in the future please ask for me and I will certainly make sure you have a table to your liking and a dish that suits your dietary needs.

Matt

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We went to the Charlotte area for a day trip. We just happened upon this restaurant while we were out and about. The food and atmosphere were very good. The service was excellent as well. If we are near Belmont again, this will definitely be on our stop!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We recently found ourselves in Belmont due to a missed flight connection to Puerto Rico and the staff at the Holiday Inn Express recommended this restaurant - and a great recommendation it turned out to be. When we arrived on a Friday night, it was not busy but it quickly filled up. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The food was absolutely amazing - the Shrimp and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms were the best we've ever had! We also enjoyed Filet Mignon, Prime Rib and Wedge salads. The buns were fresh and warm. This meal was a great start to our vacation!! If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely eat here.

1  Thank LorileaR
Reviewed 22 November 2013

First Visit, Date night with my husband. We won't go back. While the food was outstanding, the service was...for the price...unexpected. We arrived dressed nicely, were very polite to all the staff. Yet were plunked into a very cold corner of the 'heated?" patio. We waited more than 20 minutes before our order was taken, while both the shabbily dressed couple next to the fire and an obnoxiously loud group of women across the way were completely doted over. The young MEN who brought our order to the table were outstanding! However, another young couple came in well after our order was taken, and received their food almost 30 minutes before ours arrived. I took most of my meal home, because I received a glass of ice with some tea in it; which ran empty 4 times (somehow she kept managing to get more and more ice into it?) before I finally gave up trying to eat, as by then my meal was shivering almost as much as I was. My husband says to add "the Chairs on said patio Stink." He left with a horrible back ache.

1  Thank Jody P
MattMat, Owner at Old Stone Steakhouse Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Jody,

My name is Matt and I'm the owner/manager of Old Stone.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it. I'm very happy you enjoyed the food and found the staff that greeted you and brought out your dinner to be pleasant. I do sincerely apologize for the temperature on the patio. We are actually having heaters installed on the patio this week. The hostesses are instructed to ask guests if they would like to sit on the patio only because some folks enjoy that atmosphere better, but no one should feel forced or "plunked" onto the patio. If you change your mind and want to come back please keep this in mind and feel free to tell us you'd rather sit inside. I will also research and purchase seat cushions due to your husband's complaint. I also apologize for the other guests around you who prevented you from having a quiet date night. Again, please let your server or any staff member know if there is any way we can make your experience better.

I hope you allow us the chance to prove to you and your husband that we are indeed a great place for date night and come back to dine with us. If you do, please ask for me.

Matt

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have been here a few times with friends and Family and have always had excellent service , We usually have Hailey wait on us and she does a great Job. We have tried a variety of foods from Salads to sandwiches , steaks and everything has been excellent , It is about a 30 minute drive from us but it has become our Favorite place to eat.

1  Thank Pepelpew