“Pleasant surprise in historic downtown Belmont”

Old Stone Steakhouse Limited
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Stone Steakhouse Limited is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Belmont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pleasant surprise in historic downtown Belmont”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed in Belmont for the weekend visiting our son who works at the US National Whitewater Center. We were looking for a local, close dining option and tried the Old Stone based on feedback from other TA reviewers. We arrived shortly after the Sat. dinner rush and were seated quickly without a reservation. The service was excellent. Matthew was our server. He was attentive without being overbearing. The bacon wrapped scallop appetizer was excellent. We each ordered a different cut of meat; all 3 of them were perfectly cooked. The yeast rolls were very good. The homemade ranch dressing was a nice complement to the wedge salad. While we didn't have room for dessert, they did look very tempting. We would return here without hesitation.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kaldri01

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Small town surprise”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My family stayed in Belmont for one night before an early morning flight and found the resto here on TA. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. Our waitress (Haley, I think) was very kind and extremely efficient. The food was hot, fresh and plated nicely. We would for sure come here again !!

2 Thank scmama
South Carolina
“Disappointed :(”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I made reservations to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My husband and I arrived before our 5:30 reservation and was immediately greeted at the door. However, our reserved booth/table was at the back of the restaurant facing the kitchen. I had a view of the kitchen and several garbage cans. I was immediately sorry I had made plans to spend our anniversary dinner at Old Stone. First off, there are lots of selections on the menu (steak, chicken, pasta, etc.) No low calorie or low carbs. Prices are very expensive. Salad is a lettuce wedge with a few toppings and your choice of dressing. Rolls were very good; fresh, right out of the oven. The steak I ordered was nothing special. Baked potato was very small. The dining room was very small and very plain. I had views of the kitchen all evening. The waitress was pleasant. After we left, I realized there was seating on the patio (enclosed for the winter). This was a pleasant Saturday evening with temperatures in the 50's. I glanced into the patio area and realized there was a nice fire in the fireplace. How I wish we had been able to spend our evening out there instead of in the cramped dining area. I assume you have to ask to be seated on the patio. However, I don't plan to return so I won't find out.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank SeashellSC
OldStone23, Owner at Old Stone Steakhouse Limited, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
My name is Matt and I'm the owner of Old Stone. First off, happy (late) anniversary to you and your husband. I'm very sorry you did not completely enjoy your experience with us. While we do not have any low calorie or low carb options printed on the menu we will absolutely alter any dish as much as possible to accommodate a particular diet upon request. I also apologize you did not enjoy your table in the dining room. Some folks actually enjoy being near the kitchen while other folks actually feel put off for being seated on the patio (for which I have actually apologized for on this forum). Everyone has their own preference and it's impossible for the hostesses to know without a little direction. Again, we will always accommodate when possible upon request for a particular table/section and won't be offended if you tell us where you would like to sit. If you do decide to give us the chance again in the future please ask for me and I will certainly make sure you have a table to your liking and a dish that suits your dietary needs.

Matt
Columbia, SC
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We went to the Charlotte area for a day trip. We just happened upon this restaurant while we were out and about. The food and atmosphere were very good. The service was excellent as well. If we are near Belmont again, this will definitely be on our stop!

• Visited December 2013
Kitchener, Ontario
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We recently found ourselves in Belmont due to a missed flight connection to Puerto Rico and the staff at the Holiday Inn Express recommended this restaurant - and a great recommendation it turned out to be. When we arrived on a Friday night, it was not busy but it quickly filled up. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The food was absolutely amazing - the Shrimp and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms were the best we've ever had! We also enjoyed Filet Mignon, Prime Rib and Wedge salads. The buns were fresh and warm. This meal was a great start to our vacation!! If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely eat here.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank LorileaR

Been to Old Stone Steakhouse Limited? Share your experiences!