“Nice place but overpriced”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Black Mountain
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was a nice place. Nice people. The view was nice. Rooms nice and comfy. Wi-Fi. Super small swimming pool but it was never used when we were there so we took advantage of just sitting in the gazebos sipping on drinks watching the view. The motel has a older look (not sure how old it is) but is well maintained. Breakfast room is Super small. Get there at 6 or forget it. We never got breakfast there. Just way too crowded and not enough food. Just left and went to Denny's next door. My only real complaint about the place is the price. The room was 130.00 a night. I have stayed at better places for 90. I believe the problem lies in that this is the only decent motel to stay at in this town so they charge a higher price but everything in this town is high priced except for the beer and gas. Kind of weird. Over all its a nice place to stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 31 May 2013

The staff was accommodating. I asked to refill my water bottle with the filtered water from the dispenser. They turned on the juice/water machine for me. The room was large and was very convenient to the huge grocery across the street. It is right off the Interstate and convenient to town or the mountain. A room on the street side of the motel was a bit noisy at night. The back side looked at a sheered off cliff. All in all, I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: On the street side, the sun shone in and was warm to hot. I had to keep my curtain closed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank L H
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have been visiting Black Mountain for almost ten years now and I stay at the Comfort Inn every time I go. The staff is very polite and courteous and always willing to help out. Over the years I have seen this hotel transform into what it is today. When I first started staying there it was your general run of the mill hotel, but with all the renovations and upgrades it has turned into one of the best hotels in the area. If you ever have a chance to stay here do it. You’ll be glad you did.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Everything was fine here. Front desk fellow was friendly. Popcorn in the lobby was a bonus. Room was clean and good size. We like having a table and chair to sit at. Breakfast was the normal stuff, better than most. Eating area could be a bit larger at least on weekends. I have a pet peeve about hotels charging for the room safe. You should be told up front.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Happy to see such a clean room. Reasonable price. Bed is a bit hard though. Grocery store and restaurants just across the street. Very reasonable gas nearby as well. I would recommend this hotel. Couldn't find it through the Comfort Inn main website but manager here says that will be corrected. Their direct number is 828-669-9950.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank roseres
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Back again to Comfort Inn in Black Mountain. When you rate a hotel, I rate it based on what you have to pay. This is a reasonably priced hotel. Rooms are clean, fresh, front desk is helpful. We found a nearby gem, the food store across the street is amazing. Coffee shop in there is great, great place to shop if you need anything.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WVTim
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The Comfort Inn in Black Mountain is right down the hill from the house our daughter is sharing with some other Warren Wilson College students. We were up for a visit last weekend and found it very clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very nice when we checked in. I have no doubt that we will stay there again. Very reasonably priced and a good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East
Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40
Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!