“Convenient Location Nestled in the Mountains”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Black Mountain
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The best part about this property is its location. It is snuggled in the mountains and is really quite picturesque. Just off I-40, it is surrounded by several fast food places, gas stations, and a Starbucks in the grocery store across the street. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but a bit dated. The pool is located outside and was quite cold. Overall, it was fine and I would stay there again. I give it a 3.5 star rating mostly because

Room Tip: Rooms in front have a mountain view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Paula B

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was a drive-up motel that was dark, dingy, and the refrigerator did not work. The breakfast was sub-par with watery orange juice, cardboard-tasting waffles, hard cold butter that wouldn't spread on anything, and nothing much worth eating but hard-boiled eggs. Check in wasn't very friendly, and we had to have the safe charge removed as luckily we were only there one night. Pluses: the price was reasonable for the area, we were able to make last-minute reservations, it was quiet and we slept well, some mountain views, and they have popcorn in the lobby. If this is #1 in the area, it's a sad thought.

Room Tip: First floor in front avoids carrying luggage up stairs, can park right in front of door, and have so...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PhoebeGR
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Nice hotel and location. Front desk very nice and honored our on line request for a first floor room, and the key card worked every time! Room had 2 double queen beds and small table with 2 chairs. Clean room and bath. Bathroom did not have help bars in shower which would have been nice. WiFi required sign in every time you powered up which was a pain, but speed of Internet was good. Breakfast was fresh. Yogurt, hard boiled eggs, sausage (no scrambled eggs), cereal, fresh bagels and Danish. And waffles of course. Oranges and apples but no bananas.
I recommend hotel and will stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have outside access only
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barb B
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. Desk help was friendly and helpful. Room and bed were clean. Nice flat screen t.v. Our little girl liked the pool though it was a little cool for me. Would have given 5 stars if not for the breakfast being barely ok, ice machines are few, and the carpet in our room was torn.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank steg2010
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I drove to Asheville, N.C. on Thursday for the purpose of picking up my son from a two week summer camp on Friday. Two weeks ago, I stayed at the Homewood Suites on Tunnel Road which is nice, but significantly more expensive.

The Quality Inn presents a very nice value proposition for a stay in the Asheville area. My rate for a Thursday night stay was $99.00 (I paid nearly three times this price to stay at the Homewood Suites two weeks earlier for a Saturday night stay). The hotel (actually an old style motel) is located right off the exit and is close to restaurants and a large Ingles grocery store.....one of the nicest I have seen. You can easily walk to the "downtown" area of the town of Black Mountain where you can walk around and enjoy some very nice shops and restaurants. I ate at the nearby German restaurant which was very good. The hotel sits on a hill and offers nice mountain views from the rooms on the front side of the property. My room was clean and in very good shape. The property is much nicer than the pictures which appear on the hotel's website and so when I arrived, I was relieved as I didn't have high expectations.

I will likely stay here next year when I drop off and pick up my kids from camp. This would also be a solid choice for those who are budget conscious and want to spend time exploring the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank David8675309
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very clean hotel with nice rooms, very nice pool area, and a hearty free continental breakfast! The front desk people were very professional, the beds were comfortable , and the hotel was nice and quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very nice little hotel. Rooms were very clean, good continental breakfast, nice pool. Perfect stopping place: Dennys is right next door, gas stations and plenty of fast food places within walking distance and even a grocery store across the street. The front desk staff was less than average, just seemed as if we were bothering them when checking in and when my parents asked for ashtrays for their room. Couple times we went to the desk had to wait 5 mins+ for someone to appear. Great price, great location! Even have the big jacuzzi tubs in some of their rooms, which worked AWESOME! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Grab a king size bedroom with the jacuzzi tub, well worth the extra $30!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East
12 mi away
Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!