“Fantastic Fried Chicken!”
Review of The Morning Glory Cafe - CLOSED

The Morning Glory Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Just 1/2 mile south of extit 64 of I-40 on route 9
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed in the Black Mountain area and decided this restaurant would be one of our stops after seeing the reviews. It did not disappoint.
Very clean restaurant, small and intimate with beautiful original artwork on the walls. Small bar and seating outside where pets are welcome.
Our server was attentive and prompt without being fussy.
I ordered the fried chicken and it was some of the best Ive ever had. I also do a buttermilk brine but what set this apart was the light and flaky crust. Wish I had the recipe for that crust. De-licious. The mashed potatoes and asparagus were also yummy as was the sage gravy. So much I couldn't finish it all. I tried my best though.
My husband ordered the vegetable napoleon and ate every single bite.
HUGE portions that could be shared. We usually do but we were in the mood for different things this time.
We ate at several places in Asheville and this was definitely one of the best meals we had. Worth the trip if you're staying in Asheville.
I think our meal was around $30-$35 with tip.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a pleasant, relaxed place to eat. Don't be afraid to get adventurous. I wish they would get Coke or Pepsi, but I just don't like Diet Rite..

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The Morning Glory Cafe is definitely a cool place to eat in the small town of Black Mountain. It was very busy for breakfast/lunch the day we visited. The service was extremely slow, our group was very patient but 45 minutes after we ordered our breakfast it still had not arrived, we were all about to pass out. When the food did arrive it was great. We had huevos rancheros and it was delicious, perfectly balanced. I would recommend people to try the Morning Glory cafe just expect a long wait.

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went for breakfast on Columbus Day and had to sit at the bar because they were so crowded. We took this as a good sign that the food must be that good. It was indeed.

The staff was friendly and helpful and cheery, and full of helpful suggestions.

The food took a bit long to prepare, but was worth the wait. The ingredients were fresh and tasty and blended well together.

The cost was reasonable, and this was just a nice taste of the flavor of town.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Let me preface by saying, I find it hard to eat out anymore. Ingredients restaurants choose without concern for the health of their clientele is widespread!
This lunch was so refreshing! We found lots of locally sourced fresh food and organics on this menu. Our table had salad, burgers, fish tacos, smoked trout, and soups. It was all very good.
The prices were very reasonable too for a restaurant that puts the emphasis on the quality of food they are serving.
We already plan to eat here when we are back and think everyone probably needs more eatery options just like this!

1  Thank Lizbeth J