“Fantastic Fajitas, Generous Guacamole Salad”
Review of Ole's Guacamoles

Ole's Guacamoles
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I frequent the Black Mountain/Asheville area for long weekends and extended getaways. We've been to OG four times. On only one occasion was the food and service sub-par. This last weekend (4/11/14) we had the chance to dine there al fresco since the spring weather was upon us and it was a cool but pleasant early evening. The brook running across the back of the restaurant served to make the meal much more pleasant. I was absolutely amazed by the speed at which we got our dinners that Friday night even though the restaurant was packed. My wife ordered the guacamole salad. It was huge and covered in avocado heaven. It was the perfect side to the chicken mole. I ordered the combination fajitas (beef, chicken, shrimp). Loved experimenting with with the 12, or so, salsas from the salsa bar. It was very, very good, and like I said earlier, was brought to our table in a flash. To end the meal we tried the fried plantain. Nice and not too sweet. We left super satisfied and with a couple low carb beers, paid just over $40. Happy campers!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a great Mexican lunch at Ole's during a visit to Black Mountain. The salsa bar was well stocked with a variety of delicious choices from mild to hot. The service was good and the food was served hot and tasty. The beans need some work, kind of bland, but everything else was spot on, especially the horchata drink. What a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

There are very few restaurants I. A small town like Black Mountain that are consistently excellent in the value and quality of the food served. Ole is one of the rare ones that is a gem! Chriopollo is fantastic. Arrozo con pollo mis another!
We eat there once a week!
Fox Watson

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was in the Black Mtn area for work and friends wanted to go to this restuarant as they like it. I have been here before and wasn't impressed - especially after I found a hunk of hard plastic in my rice. The food is ok but not memorable - at least this time no plastic in the rice. I had taco salad -the veggies needed to be cook more, I really do not care for partially cooked veggies. My friends enjoyed their meal. The service was fine.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Ole's has been one of favorite places since they opened in Black Mountain. Even more so since they moved to their present location. The outdoor patio next to Flat Creek makes for a pleasant setting. The food is top notch, portions substantial, good selection of local beer, service excellent and now a full bar.