“LOST MY BUSINESS”

Cuisines: American
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“LOST MY BUSINESS”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have ben going into Mac's for some time, ever since they opened up. Always thought they had the best burgers, just like Grandma used to make. But recently I've been very disappointed. I went in to eat one afternoon, my burger lost it's flavor, not quit the same as in the past. So I gave them a second chance, I called in my order to eat a burger there, and get a chicken salad sandwich to go for my husband. When I got there, it just came off the grill, it was cold, I watched the girl behind the counter putting it together, the bread wasn't the same either, it tasted old and the patty was cold, hardly cooked to me, but I was hungry, ate my burger paid for my meal and the sandwich to go. I called in another order a week later, I told the girl at the counter about it, and she tried to drop it off on me and was rude. I reminded her I ordered the burger for there, and the sandwich to go, she wasn't nice at, she blamed me, how does that figure into it being a bad hamburger when I didn't cook the thing in the first place. Plus now they are charging an extra charge if anyone uses a debit card or credit card to pay for their meal. That's not right, they charge enough already for a burger, a small package of chips and a dill pickle. I've gone in there and paid nearly twenty eight dollars for three sandwiches, it's not worth it to me anymore. Chili dogs used to be pretty good, but they are to over cooked and rubbery and the chili isn't good anymore.I used to be one of Mac's best customers, and sent a lot of business their way, I won't anymore. And in a small town like Black Mountain, word gets around fast, sorry Mac but your getting to much in a hurry and not sticking to how you started your place out, quality food and friendly staff. Sorry, I won't be back, or recommend your place anymore.

• Visited June 2013

Holland, Michigan
“The best cheeseburger in the valley!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I always look forward to lunch at Mac's. They make the best cheeseburgers and hand-cut fries in the Swannanoa Valley. Worth searching them out--just behind the Black Mountain Visitor's Center. I hear their Philly steak sandwich is good too, but I always get the cheeseburger!

Visited April 2013
Asheville, NC
“Excellent hand pattied burgers and sandwiches”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The trick with this place is that it's not open for dinner but only for lunches Monday through Saturday. That being said, if you're in the area, these are some of the best "home made" style quality burgers I've had. Seating is very limited inside. although they're some outdoor tables too.

• Visited February 2013
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Not just a hamburger place”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

If you want a great hamburger or great sandwich, this little out of the way place in Black Mountain will provide. All is individually prepared, and you can eat inside or outside depending on weather. Located behind the police station on a side street, well worth stopping by for lunch.

Visited October 2012
“The best burger ever!!!”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

A must have everytime we visit Black Mountain! The burgers are amazing! Fries are the bomb!! Great service and food!

2 Thank jessema85