“Good BBQ”

Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My husband has been before and raved about it so we went. Atmosphere is grand baseball caps all over walls and ceilings with license plate decor as well. It works for this place. He got brisket and I opted for the chopped pork sandwich. We both got sweet potato fries as our side which is an up charge but they are good. You have 5 sauces to choose from and the sweet was tasty. I found the meal to be average and my husband gives it an excellent. So I compromised and gave it 4 stars adding some since the atmosphere is nice and the counter staff was friendly and welcoming.

1 Thank Bballfan23

Summerville, South Carolina
“Just ok”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Not the worst BBQ I have ever had, but it's far from the best. The meat was so finely ground it was hard to even tell the pork from the chicken. Sauce was on the table but there was none on the meat when served. It's not worth a second visit for me.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Glenda p
S.P.N.C.
“Great Smoky Flavor”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just off Hwy 40 (not far from the Biltmore Estate in Ashville) is a great place to stop for some really good BBQ. We love Texas BBQ and this is as close as I've had in NC. My husband & I both had the brisket - great flavor and not dry. They have several sauces to choose from, I loved the Classic Red (it has a hint of honey).Lots of sides to choose from and very good too. The restaurant is very casual. The most noticeable decor choice is the many ball caps with logos on them & are clipped to the sealing. A little off the beaten path but worth the stop.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank KarenandTom
Nashville
“Seriously good BBQ”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I'm picky about BBQ since it's my favorite food. The BBQ at Phil's was seriously good! The sides and sauce were delicious too. I would highly recommend to anyone who likes BBQ to try this restaurant. It's a great casual restaurant where you can just relax and enjoy a good meal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Amanda A
Conover, North Carolina
“Loved the brisket”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Had been hiking most of the day and wanted a good filling dinner. Had to be a casual type of place as I was coming straight from my hike. This fit the bill. Hard to find good brisket outside of Texas. Phil's did not disappoint, few places in NC have brisket that is even mediocre , Phil's served the best I have found here..