“YUMMY YUMMY”

Dining options: Breakfast
Monroe, New York
“YUMMY YUMMY”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I LOVE THIS PLACE! Their cookies are my favorite! Whenever I am in town I have to visit. The atmosphere is great and staff is so friendly and welcoming!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank kathymatt

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bakery Business of Atmosphere and Dedication”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I've been to cafés in France, England, Spain, Portugal, Germany, etc. but my heart lies within the American community of creative coffee and pastry houses. When I'm back in my hometown, I like nothing more than to spend my mornings and afternoons, in the heat of Summer or the chill of Winter, enjoying the cool sweet tea or hot coffees (respectively). Of course, no visit is complete without at least sampling the pastries (lemon squares, apple strudel, and the blueberry turnovers are distinct favorites). In the end the BMB is a bakery, not a café, so the coffee is great (but not the best- that's the Dripolator), but if it's baked, they beat anyone else hands down all the way to downtown Asheville (especially since they supply almost half the other food spots in Blk. Mountain). Perhaps my favorite part of any visit I make to BMB is the atmosphere of the bakery- it's no party house, but laughter is a common occurrence . It's not still in the wind, but silence can always be found in the back room or at the outside tables. The Bakery is what you make it, everybody knows that. At least, once they make the trip. ;)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Benjamin B
“Not coming back!”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I don't like food or the atmosphere. Nothing on the menu is unique. Their Food is bland and atmosphere is abysmal. The Black Mountain Bakery feels like a homeless shelter or soup kitchen when you step inside. They need some cots in the back.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank JuicyPoot
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Great for coffee and dessert”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

I was very surprised to read single bad review on this place. I rotate between 3 area coffee shops and I go to this one at least twice a week. The coffee is super and my wife loves it because they have at least 2 flavored coffees daily. It is funny people complain because I know for a fact several Black Mountain restaurants get some or all of their baked products here, including the #1 rated place.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank HappyTraveler48962
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We will be moving to the Black Mountain community soon and one of the things we have been asked as we explore this lovely community, is "Do they have a real bakery". Boy howdy! They do. We met the owner, Stacy, who happens to be an extremely friendly and warm individual. We purchased a couple of Cinnamon Rolls for consumption later that proved to be wonderful! Looking forward to sampling many more of her delicious wares!! Have fun on your New York visit, Stacy!!

Visited February 2013