“Best cinnamon rolls ever!”

Black Mountain Bakery
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
“Best cinnamon rolls ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have been trying to find cinnamon rolls that matched Black Mountain Bakery's and there just is not any, anywhere. We were without their cinnamon rolls for two years before we finally arrived back to satisfy our cinnamon roll 'fix' over the July 4 weekend. Well worth the wait!

A visit there is always one of the highlights of our trip to Black Mountain.

Make sure you check with them about the days and times they are open as they vary through the week.

Get there early if you have not 'reserved' (the day before) a few cinnamon rolls for you for pick up that morning.

Great pumpkin bread, too - we get those in the Fall, but the cinnamon rolls are good every day in every way!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Christie Y

Watford City, North Dakota, United States
“cozy and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

not the best bakery but for Black Mountain, it doesnt get too much better. great treats, nice staff, sometimes the hours are strange.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jordan W
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good I procured myself a second stomach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Excellent coffee choices and constantly changing them up. Perfect pastries and decadent cakes. You like that word? Decadent? .... Decadent.

They also serve lunch. The pimento cheese, chicken salad, and their ham sandwich are so good that space-time will warp and allow you to watch yourself order them again while getting a back massage from a Thai masseuse with bodybuilder hands and obsessive compulsive disorder.

This place should be on your bucket list.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank R M
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“My new favorite spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was impressed with this place. Cozy and friendly - from the staff to the patrons; and the food, my goodness! The Chocolate Almond Brioche and the Cream Cheese Danish were outstanding! Don't believe the negative reviews. Had I believed the words of "JuicyPoot" or "Swannanoa" I would have missed out on the best pastry I have ever had! Thank you, Black Mountain Bakery! I will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank HungryHungryH1pp0
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

The service was very quick and friendly. I ordered their chicken salad sandwich, which they correctly called the best in town, as well as a delightful apple almond tart. I have been visiting this place for ages and know the owner is a caring individual who puts her all into her work. I would recommend it to all my friends, and I have!

• Visited June 2013