“Great find!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 January 2014

What a great find for us! We made a quick stop in Black Mountain to grab a quick bite on our way back from Gatlinburg and WOW! We checked tripadvisor for ratings but actually decided on this restaurant because the menu was posted on the window and it offered a good variety. Our party dined on soups, salads and ruebens and it was DELISH! We will definately make another trip to Black Mountain just to dine at Dark City Deli & Pub!

There are newer reviews for Dark City Deli

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We were in the area for business and love the restaurants of Black Mountain. We had never stopped at the Dark City Deli on previous trips - our mistake. What a great place. We ate outside on the patio area and what a treat that was - sit outside if you can (but the interior environment seemed just as pleasant). I got the "Bruiser" sandwich, ham, smoked gouda, roasted turkey, bacon, aged cheddar on sourdough bread. Simply delicious. It was too much to eat at one sitting, so I took half back to the hotel. Staff was great. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Panini sandwiches are loaded with meat. The menu offers plenty to choose from. Good selection of local craft draft beers. The waitress let me sample a draft beer before deciding on which one to choose. Three people had lunch for $37 with tip.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent local restaurant with amazing cafe choices for lunch. I had potato leek soup & a grilled pimento cheese sandwich. That sandwich was grilled like my mama was making it for me! Perfectly grilled with the right amount of butter, cheese & crispness! I don't even think I'm going to need dinner - that was a hearty lunch. Drinks were more expensive than I'm used to but that's my only complaint. It was a comfortable place to eat & I will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

probably the most pleasant patio dining spot in Black Mountain, nice shade and the sound of a rock waterfall tucked in a courtyard off Cherry Street but with views to the passersby.
i had the wedge salad and a chicken skewer. The wedge had an excellent blue cheese dressing and finely chopped red onion. The chicken had a nice brown searing but was moist. Both were excellent and the portion was just right for lunch.