“Enjoyed the food and Beer”
Review of The Trailhead

The Trailhead
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Great local beers on tap and good selection of health conscious food.
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Had lunch there recently, a really nice place, staff super friendly, A great selection of local craft beers if your into that sort of thing, I am, my wife had a Portobello mushroom sandwich, called a "Black Bottom", delicious, I ate half of it, I had a spinach salad topped with grilled ahi tuna. One of the local shopkeepers steered us in the direction of this restaurant, we thanked her on the way back to the car.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Food was terrible! Service was even worse! I will not eat there again! DO NOT ORDER THE CHILLI, SWEET TEA, OR FRIES!!!!!

2  Thank HoratioSanchez
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Ate dinner at he Trailhead and was very satisfied. The food was delicious and the price very reasonable. Loved the Mushroom soup! The Beer Batter Chicken and Fish are awesome. Enjoyed with an Ale and Gin & Tonic the evening was complete. Staff was pleasant and extremely friendly. Recommend this eatery to everyone who visits Black Mountain!

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The wife and I stopped in for a beer. After seeing food delivered to other tables we decided to order two things. My wife ordered a side order of corn pudding. It was made in a soufflé style with fresh corn and Siri on the grill. Surprisingly delicious. I had the homemade cream of mushroom soup which was really really really homemade and really really really delicious. The table next to us had fish and chips made from hoddock and they were moaning over that as well. Definitely something I would recommend and I'm looking forward to going there again sometime.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Last Friday my son and I made a return visit to the Trailhead. Our server was friendly and courteous and very prompt. She got our draft beer orders out quickly and then went over menu items. I was in a chicken wing mood and my son went for a burger. I love spicy sweet chicken wings and every one I got was tasty. My son's burger looked great and judging from how he devoured it was delicious. We got in a conversation with some folks that live nearby and that made for a fun evening at the Trailhead. If you're in Black Mountain and want to eat dinner with your summer shorts and golf shirt where the beer and food are good and reasonably priced go here. I'm glad we went back to the Trailhead. Fun and delicious!