“I would go back (and have a beer).”
Review of The Trailhead

The Trailhead
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Great local beers on tap and good selection of health conscious food.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was wondering in Black Mountain for lunch. I was not sure what this place was, but I decided to go in and see. Really this place is a bar that serves food. The menu is limited. Bartender was super friendly.

I ordered the "special" which was spicy shrimp tacos. I really enjoyed the flavor. They served it with blueberries. Kind of weird, but I liked it. No guacamole, but they added fresh avocado, which was awesome (no charge, too).

Unfortunately, I was still working so I could not try any of the beers. They had about 15 beers on tap.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Sat at the bar. Bartender was great. Laid back and super efficient. All the food we ordered and the food around us looked great. Person next to me ordered the fried chicken. I tried to change my order after seeing it--but was too late. Prices were super reasonable. Great selection of local beers and they have a patio and on site parking. Nice, little town. Be sure to walk down the side streets also.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I asked the bartender to help me select a beer, and she was incredibly candid and honest, letting me sample a few before making my selection. The mushroom sandwich was very yummy, as was the fish and chips my father ordered. Hope to go back! A good late-night option.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

A great place for regulars and visitors. The food is always great, a great selection of local brews on draft, and entertainment on many nights. The patio is pet friendly too.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I like the fish tacos, and that's it. The burgers are always burnt or bleeding, and while the wait staff is typically really nice, the one owner who's always working the bar is just dismissive and I don't find any use for a dismissive bartender.