“Very Good Food; Very Excellent Service”
Review of Las Cazuelas

Las Cazuelas
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Good, economical, family-style restaurant with very fast service and authentic Mexican flavors
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very Good Food; Very Excellent Service”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I'm visiting friends in the Black Mountain. They took me for Dinner last night for -- of all things -- Mexican food at Las Cazuelas on State Street.

We were a group of nine, and everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was outstanding -- I didn't hear our waitress say 'no' to anyone's request.

She told me that they would make me whatever I wanted, so I ordered the Vegetarian Fajitas (they had the most different stuff listed), and had them add Mushrooms and Pork Tips (adios, Vegetarian). I really, really enjoyed it.

Also, my friends knew to ask for the 'special' Salsa. It was Bean-based, with just a small spicy kick to it.

Everything was reasonably- to low-priced (I'm used to South Florida pricing), and the service was quick and friendly. My dish, with tax was $12.27. And I got to practice my Spanish with the waitress.

I'm not sue that I would get on an airplane specifically to eat here, but the next time I visit my friends in the Black Mountain area, I will ask to stop by again.

• Visited June 2014

Marion, North Carolina
“love”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

by far the best mexican food around! friendly service! not far from downtown! in summer the outsiding sitting is great!

• Visited October 2013
Florida
“Authentic, Fresh, Delicious!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was a delightful find! The service and staff were Mexican and spoke Spanish almost exclusively. They did manage to answer our questions and understand our orders, but it was an interestingly authentic experience. They had Spanish TV on the stations.

But the food was outstanding. Completely fresh; it was just diced and chopped and had a wonderful flavor. Lots of food given, and wonderful service.

The decor was authentic as well.

I would highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jade4mom
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food, large portions”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

On our annual Camp Rockmont trip we visit Las Cazuelas. We always get plenty of great food. The kids enjoy too.

We went with a large group and they did a great job checking out or multiple tabs.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank trusted-advice-1
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good authentic Mexican”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We love Mexican food and Cazuelas is good. Outdoor patio is nice but wished they hadn't allowed smoking on patio. Otherwise it's a great place to get a beer or Margeurita and dinner :)

Visited May 2013