“Surprise stop on the way back from Mt Mitchell”

Berliner Kindl Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stopped for lunch looking for a place to eat that my Tom Tom Nav had completely wrong. Instead of getting back on the highway we took a left into the small town of Black Mountain and I spotted the German restaurant on the right. We stopped and were very glad we did. The atmosphere was great service was top notch and the food excellent. I had the grilled bratwurst and everyone else at the table went for the Jagerschnitzel. There was a nice selection of German beer but only two on draft. They even had a small deli where you can buy some sausage and other meats. I noticed the Nuremburger sausage was from Nuremburg. I did not buy any because I did not have a cooler to keep it. I plan to go there again on my next visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Like everything I have ordered thus far.
small and very German.
service is Great and prices are very good.
Have all types of beer and on tap.
we are local and like eating here couple times a month.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Great German food, like Grandma used to serve. The weiswurst was excellent. Bratwurst above average. Mashed potatoes and and sauerkraut were very good. Wished they added caraway seeds to the 'kraut, however. Mustard was just the right level of tangy. Excellent beer menu. Wished they had a wider dessert menu.

Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

I've been to germany and this gets a "yup, tastes german" stamp of approval. I was a little disappointed there wasn't saurbraten on the menu, but the smoked pork chop was yummy. The sides could have used a bit more flavor and zip, but were fine. And in true german form, a nice selection of beers ;) our server was happy to recommend one and to allow substitutions on the sides. The menu had a wide selection of sausages and the desserts looked amazing ....next time....

1  Thank garblefritz
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The lunch specials were a little pricey so we stayed with sandwiches. Reuben was good, but not much meat or sauerkraut on some very thin bread. The schnitzel sandwich had lots more bun than meat. What was there was OK. Mustard was good. Apple strudel was very good, but pricey also.