“Slow service in a dirty diner.”
Review of Huddle House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Huddle House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I have lived near this restaurant for over 25 years. I liked it a lot back in the 90's. It has gone way down hill. Every year or so I return to see is things have improved. Things seem to be getting worse. I went back today during lunch when they were not very busy. The burger I had was dry and bland. Service was slow. It took a long time to order. My food took a long time. I never got a refill or and kind of follow up from the waitress after my food arrived. The floor was dirty. Tables were not been bused. One booth had pails placed on it to catch water from a leaky roof. Expect slow service mediocre food and an apathetic staff.

3  Thank Wm. B. H

Reviewed 4 July 2013

stopped in and they had 1 waitress and 4 tables were dirty. Stood for 10 min waiting form someone to clean table noone did so we left

1  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 29 December 2012

It's the service that makes Huddle House so special, and the prices, which are super-cheap. The super hash browns are totally worth the trip. My kids love Huddle House and it's a very kid-friendly place. You won't get gourmet fare here -- only plenty of home-cooking served with a smile by someone who genuinely seems glad to have you sit down and relax.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Our family enjoyed this Huddle House at Black Mountain. All our food was very good and the waitstaff was excellent. We would all four recommend our meal there.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Place is your typical greedy spoon and not very clean looking. One of the cooks which in full view and earshot of everyone sitting at counter was making disparaging comments about people with Christian morals.

1  Thank HappyTraveler48962