“Great Little Place”

Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Daily plate lunches, six house made soups, unique sandwiches, wraps, Panini's, salads, decadent desserts, and more..
Mohnton, Pennsylvania
“Great Little Place”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had lunch here on a visit to Black Mountain. I had two soups, the Hungarian mushroom and the sausage & bean. Both were very good; no complaints. My wife had the Reuben and said it was excellent. The atmosphere at lunch was somewhat noisy, but understandable with that many people in a small place. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AnneandJohn803

Asheville, North Carolina
“Love the Veranda”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I look forward to having days off during the week just so I can eat at the veranda. Food is top notch. They carry gluten free bread and beer which makes it one of the only places in town I can enjoy a sandwich. Especially recommend their clam bisque if it is on special. Tuna salad is very good as well.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank WNCF00die
Nashville
“I crave the Veranda all year!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

So I kind of plan my trips around restaurants. What does that say about me? Probably that I spend way too much time thinking about food. But, moving on...The Veranda is my favorite place to eat when we go to Asheville/Black Mountain/Ridgecrest. The food is just absolutely wonderful. I usually get the sampler with the chicken, pimento, and tuna salad because it's that good! The homemade rolls are amazing. The last time we were there we had a cup of the salmon chowder and it seriously knocked our socks off! If you're planning a trip to Asheville, it's worth the 20 minute drive to eat at the Veranda for lunch. Just make sure you go at lunchtime since they aren't open for dinner. Also, they do get a bit crowded in the summer so just plan to go early (11ish) if you don't want to wait.

• Visited August 2013
Clemson
“Yummmmm!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Turkey Chipotle Club Wrap...that's really all I need to say. BEST. WRAP. EVER.

So I was on a short visit to Black Mountain making my rounds around town. I wanted to take a picnic lunch to the Lagoon Pond at Biltmore so I stopped by Veranda on my way out of town to pick up lunch to go. It's a quaint restaurant and after eating the wrap, I know now why this place is #1 on TA. I will be back to try out the many other items on their menu because they, too, have GOT to be good. I scarfed down that wrap like I've never eaten before!

• Visited April 2014
“A Greaat Place For A Great Lunch”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A morning shopping trip to Black Mountain was topped off by lunch at the Veranda Cafe. What a great little place this is. Loads of tourists, shoppers and locals did not stop the quality of the food or service by the competent and friendly staff. I had the McDibbs Roast Beef Sandwich (wonderful and comes with Au Jus) and my wife my wife the Grilled 3 Cheese Sandwich was was equally good. Ambiance here is very nice, people are friendly and having a good time. Make this a must stop in Black Mountain.

• Visited April 2014