“fast, good seafood, mostly fried but can get grilled” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coach House Seafood and Steak

Coach House Seafood and Steak
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“fast, good seafood, mostly fried but can get grilled”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had the grilled trout and it was very well seasoned. the dinner comes with cole slaw and baked potato or salad and french fries and hush puppies.

very informal setting. busy, but short wait time.

prices were on par or below most of the restaurants in black mountain.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank rdmjr

“Great Seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

When I read the reviews for this restaurant I thought it was going to be a tiny little place with lots of greasy and maybe overcooked food. But, since I am the adventurous type when it comes to food I decided to give it a shot. Luckily I was soooo wrong!
This restaurant is a fairly sized place. It has somewhere between 20 and 30 tables and booths. The decor is not top notch by far, but it's been fairly kept. The people working there were all very kind (Thank you if you are reading this! Keep it up!) prompt and helpful.
I had a bowl of clam chowder and a seafood platter. They were generously served. The clam chowder was creamy and savory. Just delicious. The seafood platter was all fried and it came with fish, baby shrimp, oysters, a devil stuffed crab and hush puppies.
Let me tell you that I am a seafood lover. I can never get enough! I have tried a lot of it everywhere (domestically and overseas). That been said, I have to tell you that EVERYTHING was cooked to perfection. I guess these guys, doing this for the past 50 years or so, have just got it right. Nothing was overcooked. Everything was moist and full of flavor. My favorites were the oysters and the baby shrimp. I loved the taste of the oysters, and the baby shrimp, even though they were by nature... well... little, they were moist and delicious. Prices were also not bad at all. The bill was under $17.
In summary, nice authentic place, good service and great food. What else can I ask for? Well, to be able to come back to Black Mountain again!
Thanks for reading!

2 Thank Rigo G
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Not our cup of tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I can deal with a menu that is largely fried food but served on paper plates and garnished with the bright red slice of pickled apple is just not what we would prefer. Lots of older folks seemed to be loving it but we found it to be loud, crowded and not what we expect for the price.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“A must for me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have been eating here for years every time I visit. I am hooked on the fried oysters and fantastic hush puppies ( and I usually don't even like hush puppies ). Service is always pleasant and I have NEVER had a disappointing meal. Casual, comfortable, and they fry seafood right!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank pickyPatr0n
Palm Harbor, FL
“Fried seafood galore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Old timey seafood restaurant atmosphere. Service was good. Mucho fried food that was ok for fried food.

• Visited June 2014