“Nice place and meals”
Review of Red Rocker Inn

Red Rocker Inn
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed 2 nights while passing though. Nice rooms(bed a bit soft for a bad back), with 2 awesome breakfasts. Ate one evening meal and it was exceptional with about 8-10 homemade dessert choices, WOW!
A bit expensive, but my wife says I don't get out enough to know these things! Doug and his wife are great cooks and hosts. Love the prayer before breakfast.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GLewis53
redrocker07, Owner at Red Rocker Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Hi! Thanks for posting your review! We're so glad you had a good time, but I want to remind you and future guests to ask about the bed in the room you've selected. We have a range of mattress firmnesses so please ask us if you have any preference for a softer or firmer bed. We want you to wake up with a smile on your face!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our 1st visit to The Red Rocker Inn was for our Honeymoon in October 2013 and from the moment that we walked into the house it was so inviting and homely. Our room was Elizabeth’s Attic it was the coziest room that I have ever seen and more then plenty of room, there was snacks and fresh chocolate dipped strawberries in the room for us. I can go on and on about the room it was perfect. The breakfast was amazing; every morning there was something new on the menu and what a variety of different foods, there was something for every person. The owners Doug and Jenny were so nice to us, they are an awesome couple. I can’t wait to go back on our 1 yr anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maura M
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed a couple nights back in April and enjoyed my stay immensely. Breakfast each morning was wonderful, both the view and the morning sun shining through the windows. Dinner was also wonderful. Because I enjoyed it so much, I will stay with them again tomorrow night on my return trip to Montreat.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor at the top of the stairs. I enjoyed this room. This time, I'll be...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We usually stay at your typical hotel but for our 25th wedding anniversary we decided to try Red Rock Inn. Very happy with that decision! Rooms were cozy - no TV but this was a new experience for us - very refreshing just enjoying each other's company and reading! Food is fabulous! We had the steak with a twist - on top, smothering the tender steak was a blue cheese butter - wow!! Black Mtn. is a nice little stop on your way to the amazing Biltmore House (I have been there 8 times!). We would stay at Red Rocker Inn again!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was beside a door that lead outside but there was very little noise to disturb...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights near the end of September after reading many good things - especially about the breakfast. The outside of the house and the neighborhood were beautiful! The room was sufficient, the bathroom was small but it worked. We stayed on the lower level by the side door and the door was a bit noisy, but not a huge problem. The breakfast was outstanding both mornings. Plenty of delicious choices. Location is great, just a quick walk to downtown Black Mt. Would definitely go back to the Red Rocker for breakfast. Overall I thought the price was a bit high for the room

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JasonR25
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Planning my husband's first visit to the Smoky Mountains included a two night stay in Black Mountain at the recommendation of family in Oak Ridge TN. After researching online, we picked the Red Rocker Inn and called to make reservations because we would be arriving late. We have stayed at numerous B&B's worldwide and this one is a gem. Our hosts were a pleasure, accommodated our late arrival, and even offered an upgrade to a larger available room (we preferred the cozy double bed in the Seven Sisters room). Breakfast was spot on, with delicious homemade granola, the best biscuits I have ever had, and a buffet breakfast that would satisfy every appetite. The location made it easy for us to walk around town and enjoy the area shops and close enough for an afternoon drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Like another reviewer, we also stopped at the visitors center and learned the best dinner in town was at the Red Rocker Inn Restaurant. So, our one dinner while in town was their delicious panko breaded Trout, on the same night they were serving 60 people from a tour bus, and they managed with ease to make everyone feel special. This is truly a place to stay for both the comfortable accommodations and delicious food and if you enjoy the charm and warmth of an historic home, you will appreciate all the restorations the Bowman's are continuing to make to bring this lovely home back to its deserved beauty.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I have stayed at The Red Rocker Inn many times, most recently with nearly 50 of our closest friends & family for our daughter's wedding. The Bowman's went out of their way to host us all in the most gracious manner... Though they assured us that their desire is to make all who visit them feel right at home.
The accommodations are elegant and the food, exquisite.
But don't take our word for it...
Go enjoy it for yourself; relax in one of their 17 romantic rooms, rock the red off one of their front porch rockers, and fill your tummy with a wonderful breakfast or evening meal.
Then you can write your own 5 star review instead of just wondering if this one is for real.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ThomasProject
redrocker07, Owner at Red Rocker Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Hello! Yes, it was a BEAUTIFUL wedding, so perfectly situated right here in our own backyard. Thank you so much for bringing all your friends and family. We could tell how much fun everyone was having. I think we enjoyed the weekend as much as you did! Blessings to the happy new couple!