“the biggest biscuit I have ever seen”

Blue Ridge Biscuit Company
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast/Brunch.Morning pastries.Everything is made in house to provide you with the freshest and highest quality food available.Biscuits with a twist.Southern cuisine with a gourmet flair.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This Town is not short of great places for breakfast and this is one more good candidate.
The menu offers very good yogurt and granola and fruits for a healthy start but admit it, you came because of the name.
These are the largest biscuits I have ever seen but they are good. I could not finish it. I had mine with a grit cake, fried green tomatoes and drizzled balsamic reduction. There are many interesting combinations. The atmosphere is spacious, and very family friendly with a sofa area with plants and toys. There is a mulched outdoor area with picnic tables out back but we wary of the train track just beyond the tree border.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We've been here several times and it is a great stop for breakfast or lunch. Although the prices aren't cheap, the food is amazing quality and the portions are more than enough for two people to split. Our family of four had their enormous biscuits and pecan sticky buns, and the left-overs were enough for breakfast the next day!

Some of their biscuit sandwich creations are simply decadent, and the barista also did a great job on cappuccinos' and expresso.

We will definitely be back:)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Wow! My BF and I met in Black Mountain for the weekend with our 3 year old daughters. We had been told about the Dripolator, so we only came here Sunday AM. Sure wish we had stopped in Saturday AM. LOVE the ambience, friendly staff, kid friendly (they and the customers experienced our daughters' rambunctious personalities). Great food - the advertised heirloom tomato really WAS. Fluffy biscuits, delicious coffee, cozy place, and the menu can please many palates. I promised I would show up on YELP, but I wanted to post on tripadvisor as well.
We will be back, and I have already told my office all about this restaurant. Way to go, ladies!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Granted, we only ordered takeout, but seriously: $5.50 for a biscuit and sausage gravy? We spent $11.00 on two biscuits. Granted, the biscuits are huge, equivalent to about two ordinary biscuits, but I'd rather had the biscuits from Cracker Barrel. Or Hardee's or Bojangles are close at one third the price.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We went there for breakfast this am after seeing an ad. Most delicious!!!! And we can't wait for the leftovers. The hubs had a plate with the most wonderful fried chicken I've ever tasted, and grit cakes topped with pimento cheese. Oh my god. I had biscuits and gravy, which were fantastic. And my daughter had a huge biscuit--"as big as a dinosaur's foot." Super kid friendly.

1  Thank sciteach07