“Not My Granny's Biscuits But Damn Good”

Blue Ridge Biscuit Company
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast/Brunch.Morning pastries.Everything is made in house to provide you with the freshest and highest quality food available.Biscuits with a twist.Southern cuisine with a gourmet flair.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I loved my Granny's biscuits but Blue Ridge Biscuit's are wonderful in a different way. Sandwiches inside large, hot, flaky, moist biscuits. Truly a mouthwatering experience. I can't begin to tell you the array of tempting combinations available nor how fresh and well prepared the food. The fried green tomato in my biscuit was just plain yummy. I wish I could remember the quirky names for some of the combinations. Just trust me, they were all good.

The cinnamon buns looked amazing and we will probably try them on our next visit. The tea was good. The restaurant was clean. The staff was helpful but as we arrived well after the normal lunch crowd, the staff was a bit tired. Still, they did their best to assure we had a good experience.

If you are looking for something different, I highly recommend you stop in and give them a try.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Just happened to find this place while traveling through the area. They have everything from chicken and waffles to grit cakes topped with country ham and fried green tomatoes . We really enjoyed the "Seven Sisters".

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Have had breakfast here a few times now and can say that the food each time has been great. The gigantic cinnamon bun/roll is one of the best freshly baked sweets I've had in Black Mountain. Both the sausage gravy and the shiitake mushroom gravy are heavenly on biscuits. In terms of atmosphere, it's a laid back affair where you order at the counter (be aware, the line can be long, but it's worth it) and then sit and relax at your table while your food is prepared. Our wait time has never been bad, even with a party of 8.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were not impressed with our recent breakfast here. We placed our order at the counter and as we were paying realized we had been charged for three coffees and there were only two of us. They corrected the error after we pointed it out. We proceeded to a counter to select a mug (of varying shapes and sizes, but mostly small) for our self-serve coffee. They also had a serve yourself jam/jelly bar. I had eggs, potatoes and a biscuit. The eggs and potatoes were pretty bland. The biscuit was quite large, but not good, too doughy. When we needed coffee refills we had to wait in line to access the counter. The pump on the coffee container splattered coffee because the container was almost empty. All in all it was a disappointing breakfast experience.

2  Thank Colvin205
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Food was excellent. Large portions. Homemade jellies. Much more than just biscuits, but they are large. 1/2 pound large! The decor is a unique blend of old and new.

1  Thank Clark C