“YES! Handmade cupcakes and a smile to boot!”
Review of Hey Hey Cupcake

Hey Hey Cupcake
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Love the ladies who run this place, love their cupcakes, and love the space. Everything about this place is a fun experience, and they really know what they're doing when it comes to crafting tiny pieces of bit-sized goodness.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was craving a cupcake and lo & behold, I log onto TA while walking around downtown Black Mountain & see HEY HEY CUPCAKE. It was meant to me. I love how when you walk in they yell "HEY HEY, CUPCAKE!". Then I feel special because someone just called me "cupcake". :)

It was hard to buy just ONE but I did & went with the CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE. A-mazing. Makes me drool thinking about it even a month later. They also had samples out of their icings for me to try which I thought was a great idea. I would recommend this place to anyone in need of a cupcake fix!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family and I stopped by this cupcake shop on our way out of Black Mountain to purchase a half-dozen cupcakes. We love to support small town eateries, and we thought they'd make a nice treat once we got home (we were also stuffed from our amazing lunch at Black Mountain Bistro). Unfortunately, when we arrived home two hours later, we were excited to dig into our treats but then sorely disappointed to find the cakes dry and rather tasteless. The chocolate cheesecake was totally missing any cheesecake flavor, and honestly, the cake itself resembled a dry cake mix cake in taste and texture. The peanut butter buckeye was marginally better, saved by the peanut butter filling, but if I'm going to pay $15 for six cupcakes, I expect them to be delicious, not "meh." My three boys were pleased with their cupcakes and gobbled them up, but they also love grocery store cakes with Crisco frosting, so I'm not sure theirs is an endorsement I would trust. I'd recommend saving your money for an ice cream treat from Kilwins or perhaps ordering dessert from one of the local restaurants.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This cupcake shop is conveniently located near the main intersection in Black Mountain, so that it makes a great dessert opportunity if you've had lunch downtown and are strolling back to your car. The cupcakes come in an excellent variety, and I like the way they strike a balance on how much icing they put on them. I like mine applied very sparingly. Other people like a three-inch deep mountain of icing on top. (I find that a little icky, but each to his own tastes.) The bakers here split the difference.

There is very little parking nearby. We had to park around the corner on Montreat Road at a lot for a small shopping center and then walk about 50 yards to the bakery.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Delicious cupcakes. The store is a little small. Friendly staff. All parking in black mountain is free so easy to get to