“Great last minute surprise!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Black Mountain
The Inn Around The Corner
Richlands, Virginia
“Great last minute surprise!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We found The Inn Around The Corner through our navigation system in the car. We didn't have any accomidations prearranged....every call we were making was a dead end! Then we called the number for The Inn Around The Corner and the welcoming voice of Nancy said to "come on over, I'll have fresh baked cookies done by the time you get here". She was great! (she did have warm & yummi cookies ready!) We have stayed at many B&B's and I never thought I would stay sight unseen. This was just ment to be. It was absolulety perfect! Zero to even really nit pick! It was in a great neighborhood, a beautiful home, clean, quiet, exelent food, with great service! I would stay there again and look forward to seeing Nancy and Rodger again.

P.S. I am SUPER picky and traveling without a plan is not something I usually do. Wow did we get lucky on a busy holiday weekend:)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This is one of the most quaint places in Black Mountain. There are so many things that made it a special stay. Nancy and Roger are treasures. Nancy makes a five-star breakfast each morning so no diet on this trip! The Inn seems to say "Welcome" the moment you drive up. The front porch is a haven all its own with rocking chairs and a quiet swing-- surrounded by trees, vines of sorts, and flowers galore. It was nice to come and go as we pleased and be out as late as was necessary during the Leaf Festival--and only about five miles away. The Inn is very clean and tastefully decorated (way to go Nancy!). Our room, with its own private bath, was the place to give rest and rejuvenation. I highly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Grandma's room on the first floor. It was sunny with big windows over the bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Beautiful B&B tucked away in the mountains of NC. Charming decor, lovely hosts I will definitely return Thanks Nancy and Roger for a fun stay

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We just spent a wonderful weekend at Inn Around the Corner ..... we were greeted with a beautiful birthday cake in our room honoring my husband's birthday! Our room and the entire house was immaculate ...... and the breakfast both mornings was beyond good! Nancy and Roger are wonderful hosts .... we will definitely return again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bestofthewest58
Mooresville
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I have stayed with Nancy and Roger several times and I always love the welcoming feeling I get. Nancy has a name plate on each door and mine reads "Welcome Back, Angela!" There are two levels of wide porches so I head for the swing or rockers as soon as I can. I am usually traveling on business and they offer a great state government rate which is sometimes hard to find with a B&B. The rooms I have stayed in have all been very comfortable and clean. On my most recent stay, I tried a restaurant Nancy recommended, Que Sera, which I will certainly visit again! Go and try the Red Fish Anna! Don't concern yourself with dessert as Nancy will have some homebaked goodies waiting in a basket on your door when you return. That is just prepping you for the scrumpcious full breakfast you will be served the next morning. If you are making a special trip to Black Mountain for a vacation get away, Black Mountain has lots of fun shops and eateries and they are all within walking distance of the Inn Around the Corner. You could spend your weekend there and never have to move you vehicle!

Room Tip: If you ask for an upstairs front room, you will have a door that opens onto the upper level porch...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BBQueenMooresville
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Rosa & I take pride in having a beautiful bedroom at home with all the amenities available.
The Inn Around The Corner provide that and more, especially the home made cookies.each day
We don't have to debate on who will prepare breakfast.This was our second stay and Nancy
you did it again with another one of your creative breakfasts with your special touch.Our room The Eagles nest, Well, what can i say, high on top for the two eagles we are, An added attraction to Our Oasis Away, for my wife was to walk out the door and into shopping, WOW!
Nancy and Roger Thanks for another hospitable stay at the best B&B..See U next time.

Room Tip: If you like exercise and a beautiful view, we do, take the Eagles Nest Got kids or other company, t...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DAVID B
Kendall Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Inn Around The Corner in Black Mountain,NC. What a wonderful experience at a magnificent old inn. The innkeepers,Nancy and Roger, have thought of everything to make your stay with them perfect. The bountiful breakfast, basket of cookies on your bedroom door each evening, fall decorations, suggestions for local restaurants and sites to visit was top of the line and deeply appreciated. This inn is first on my list of favorite places to stay and we will definitely be returning again and again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40
Arbor House of Black Mountain
Arbor House of Black Mountain
#1 of 8 in Black Mountain

Been to The Inn Around The Corner? Share your experiences!