“Great!”

Black Mountain Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I've eaten here several times and always enjoy it. Location is good. Food and service great. If the weather is nice, try sitting out in the garden or on the front porch.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Wrote a review in July when we stayed in B.M. and the same goes for our recent visit back in October. All I can add is the food here is really,really good! Fried green tomatoes with the potato cake under them is really good and big enough for 2. You have to try the N.C. Burger YUM! Great beef, fried green tomato and pimento cheese cooked to perfection! Eggplant stack...great, meatloaf, great and huge! Everything is so fresh and don't be afraid to ask for any changes that you might like better. They are very accomodating. Service is very good . We stayed for 8 days and ate there twice. Prices are really good especially for what you get!! You have to go here!

1  Thank Billcindi123
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stopped by one evening and had a great pork chop dinner with a terrific dessert and a server with all the southern charm you could ask for. The meal was delicious and the service excellent. The price was very fair! When we travel in this area, we would definitely stop here. The outside dining is especially pretty with all the candles!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This seems to be a pretty popular place but I don't understand why. My mother-in-law ordered the crabcakes and they were obviously bad from the strong ammonia order. Too much good food in the area to risk going back.

1  Thank John_Galt_828
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Wife and I ate recently at the Black Mountain Bistro. The atmosphere was charming, the setting was awesome with mountains all around and the food was amazing. My wife had the Chicken Salad sandwich topped off with mixed berry pie and I chose the Bistro Crab Cake sandwich and I ended my experience with granny smiths apple pie. The food was to kill for and Jane our waitress was so friendly and charming we did not want to leave but alas we had too. The prices were very reasonable and we will visit this eatery each time we are in the Black Mountain area. kudos to the entire staff and well done chef!

1  Thank Danny A