“Great food at reasonable prices with great service”

Black Mountain Bistro
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We eat here every time we come to Black Mountain. It never disappoints. We have tried the trout and salmon which were excellent. The salads are fresh. We have tried the rib eye steak and the "black and blue" burger and loved it. Most of all, I love the fried green tomatoes - don't miss them. When it is warm out, we always eat outside on the porch or patio. Since it is on the Main Street, the road noise from the cars can sometimes be a little noisy but it doesn't seem to be a problem after 6pm.

1  Thank James K

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We ate lunch at the bistro and it was fantastic. Even though this was a slower time of day, the food and service were impeccable.
I had a burger that was perfect and loaded with a fried green tomatoe and pimento cheese.
I've heard it is a great place any time, but I can vouch for lunch. We'll be back.

1  Thank Carylumley
Reviewed 14 February 2014

typically any holiday meal can be a bit of a let down, we were more than pleasantly surprised at the menu selection, quality and portion of meals, and service above par and the price point was very reasonable.
Did not feel rushed, appetizers and main entrees brought out in a timely manner - hot and with a very nice presentation.
Kudos to the entire staff - well done!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

WHY ALL THIS DETAIL? I was that impressed.

BOTTOM LINE: great food and great service at very reasonable prices- worth the 5 minute drive off the highway

BACKGROUND: On current long trip - PA -> NC -> TN so you can imagine that by the time I got close to Asheville, NC I was sick all of the fast food I had eaten. On a whim, I just used my GPS to locate a restaurant and chose this one just because it had "Bistro" in the title. (Yes, this is a silly reason to chose a restaurant, so feel free to chuckle.)

THE FOOD: Very wonderfully surprised. Just intending to order a sandwich, but ended up eating:
> SOUP ($3.99)- small cup of Tomato Bisque that just got better the more I ate - very thick with
real tomato chunks, not sure but may have had a hint of sherry
> SANDWICH ($8.99) - Grilled Chicken Breast - fresh basil pesto and parmesan on ciabatta roll
w/ Caesar dressing, not your usual sides of french fries, chips
- I got sauteed spinach - fresh but a bit bland - could have used some
seasoning so I salted
extremely fresh roll - must have been baked that day, chicken perfectly grilled
and the pesto, parmesan, ceasar combo was delicious
> DESSERT ($5.99)- triple chocolate cheesecake - perfect

Just as a side note I even liked the soup crackers enough that I asked if I could take a few with me (nice buttery taste, not the usual dry ones)

2  Thank MdmWoof
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We take out-of-town company here because we know the food will always be good. It's flavorful, and there's variety on the menu.