“Lovely Outdoor Dining”

Black Mountain Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We regularly visit and enjoy the friendly atmosphere. Last visit was in the early evening on the porch outside in perfect weather with white tablecloths. Food and service were impeccable. Good value enjoying surrounding mountain view>

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I moved to Black Mountain about a year ago, and tried pretty much every restaurant in town, except the Bistro. So today I decided to go at lunch. It was 11:45am when I arrived. There was only (2) tables of customers at the time. First, the parking is tight, and for only (2) tables being served it was most likely employes'e using the prime spaces. There was no clear entrance to the place and I walked in to what looked like a small bar area. Their was one lady behind the bar, counting the cash drawer I believe. I stayed in that area for 3-4 minutes. She never once turned around or acknowledged me. I did not know if I should just grab a table or menu or what. As there was a 'wait to be seated sign' but it was kind of tossed to the side. After serveral minutes I went around to the dining area, again no one acknowledged me. I would have preferred to sit outside, but another lady was blowing the patio area. The place opens at 11am and you would have thought that would have already been done, if needed. Well, after another few minutes just standing, and not being acknowledged I just left. I have guests coming into town at the end of the month, as was actively trying to find the best restaurant to dine with them. This will not be my choice. Customer Service was null, and the food I can not say, as I was not given the opportunity to eat there..oh well, their are plenty of other restaurants that are good in the area.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We eat here every time we come to Black Mountain. It never disappoints. We have tried the trout and salmon which were excellent. The salads are fresh. We have tried the rib eye steak and the "black and blue" burger and loved it. Most of all, I love the fried green tomatoes - don't miss them. When it is warm out, we always eat outside on the porch or patio. Since it is on the Main Street, the road noise from the cars can sometimes be a little noisy but it doesn't seem to be a problem after 6pm.

1  Thank James K
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We ate lunch at the bistro and it was fantastic. Even though this was a slower time of day, the food and service were impeccable.
I had a burger that was perfect and loaded with a fried green tomatoe and pimento cheese.
I've heard it is a great place any time, but I can vouch for lunch. We'll be back.

1  Thank Carylumley
Reviewed 14 February 2014

typically any holiday meal can be a bit of a let down, we were more than pleasantly surprised at the menu selection, quality and portion of meals, and service above par and the price point was very reasonable.
Did not feel rushed, appetizers and main entrees brought out in a timely manner - hot and with a very nice presentation.
Kudos to the entire staff - well done!