“Now a tradition”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a traditional stop for our crew. The pizza is great and the crust is light and not greasy. This is a huge plus! Our friends love the manzo pizza which is a meat pizza with steak on it. The cheesy breadsticks are simply delicious. The restaurant is set in downtown Black Mountain and you have the option to eat outside. The patio is shaded and very comfortable. The tradition will continue!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This place is always busy so you may need to wait a little, but the pizza is delicious. We also ordered the homemade pasta salad and that was very fresh and good.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My Father's Pizza has been a standard Black Mountain choice for years. The food has always been very good, and the service has always been prompt. Something must have infected its attitude. On July 3 I waited 1 1/2 hours for my simple eggplant meal, and when it arrived it was burned, not just slightly, but black. I got no apology or explanation. Our server was one of the regulars, so a new hire could not explain the service. We inquired about our order several times, as other tables were served and cleared twice. I live in Black Mountain, but my family will not return. Black Mountain has too many fine restautants to bother with poor service.

2  Thank McFerrin
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We ate here twice during a two-week visit to the mountains, and what a great choice it was. The pizza is great, with a thin crust that doesn't get soggy. We also tried the lasagna and found it to be some of the best we've ever had.

The atmosphere can be very loud but, hey, it's a pizza joint. It can get very crowded with long lines waiting to be seated, so go early, especially on weekends.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Everytime I go to Asheville, I have to go out of my way to go to Black Mountain to get Pizza. They have a great sauce and the crust is crispy. I get My father's speical and haven't really tried anything else. It has everything on it and the crust stays crispy and not soggy. I see a lot of people getting the arrugala covered pizza yet I can't try anything else. I have driven to Black Mountain just for the Pizza. Everyone who I have taken there goes back too. They have great desserts if you can make room for it or take it home as I did. I travel a lot and this pizza is one of the best. For me, it is hard to find a good pizza with a good crust and this place does both.