“Had stayed there previously and went back again, everything...”

Super 8 Black Mountain
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Black Mountain
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Had stayed there previously and went back again, everything was just the same or better had a great room and this place was very convenient to where I had to go . Definitely would use this place again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We booked for two nights and decided to stay a third! Since our original room was booked the third night, the manager found us another. Both rooms were fine.This motel is charming and clean with a helpful, friendly manager and staff. You can walk over a bridge to the adjacent Mexican restaurant and dine outside beside the stream, like we did, or inside. Great access to downtown Black Mountain, and centrally located for lots of mountain adventures! Next time we may bring our dogs, since dogs are welcome here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Room 207. Since the reviews seem to be room specific I will only write my review about 207. Since I only paid the AARP rate I did not have high expectations. It was very clean, up to date and everything worked but for the hard as granite bed and sandpaper towels. However, I talked to several guests that were more than happy with the firmness of their mattress. Black mountain is an awesome quaint town within good distance from asheville. If you like a firm mattress and don't mind patting yourself dry- there's nothing wrong with this motel.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Christy J
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the semi-decent reviews. I work as a manager at a hotel that is part of the Wyndham family and I guess my expectations are a bit skewed.

Booking at an employee rate, I expect a room in a less than desirable location. It's just the way it goes, (Next to ice machine, next to stairs... Etc). What I did not expect was used tea bags left in the room, dirty towels that looked as if they were used as floor mats before being hung up, hair, dirt and grease in the tub.

My family and I had been on the road for over 8 hours. When I called down to the front desk, Vera was very apologetic and offered to come clean the bathroom. I declined, as it was very late and just wanted to sleep, I did ask for clean towels which she quickly brought.

Upon check out with the manager, I was about to explain the unpleasant experience. He quickly interrupted me, saying "Yes, I read the notes here, do you need a receipt?" He was very flippant and acted like since I got an employee rate, I should not be complaining. I could have dealt with the drunk people stumbling outside my door, the hard and uncomfortable beds, but I at least expected a clean room.

Based on the state of my rooms, I am wondering how they scored so high on their sanitation inspection.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Melanie I
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We spent two nights at this Super 8, it is an old 60s style property with a clean pool and walkable safe property. Our room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the hotel is located a short distance from downtown Black Mt. The manager is quite friendly and approachable. The beakfast bar was clean and plentiful. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Clean wheelchair accessible room, nice pool, great staff, Loved the Ole Guacamole restaurant next door - strolled from hotel to restaurant over bridge and stream. Off the beaten path so quiet and safe. Our room was clean and non-smoking. The town of Black Mountain is sweet and I really enjoyed my stay. I would actually make this a destination hotel to explore Asheville etc. The rate is so low it was unbelievable value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

#54 of 66 in Asheville
The Acorn
The Acorn
#7 of 8 in Black Mountain

Been to Super 8 Black Mountain? Share your experiences!