Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South
Meadowbrook Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$113
US$113
US$112
Blowing Rock Inn and Villas(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$112
Cliff Dwellers Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$157
The Green Park Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$129
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$202
Alpine Village Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hemlock Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$100
All reviewsroom was cleanpancake machinenice hotelroad constructionthe blue ridge parkwayfree breakfastindoor poolnice stayfront desk staffdiscount ticketsbiscuits and gravycinnamon rollsnice breakfaststay there againtweetsie railroadthird floorgrandfather mountain
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the HIE for one night. The rooms seemed to be newly refurbished. The hotel location was convenient to Blowing Rock and several restaurants. The hotel did not have balconies like the one in Boone but overall was probably a little nicer. The breakfast was the standard HIE breakfast.

1  Thank Carync6
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We took our granddaughter to Tweetsie Railroad and found this hotel to be a perfect overnight respite. The staff were friendly and helpful when we checked in. The room was clean, comfortable, and large enough for an 8 year old to "exercise." The indoor pool was clean and large enough for several families to enjoy at the same time. The hotel has partnered with some restaurants in Blowing Rock who offer a 10% discount and we found the Woodlands BBQ place next door (walking distance) to be a perfect casual family spot for dinner. The breakfast bar was pretty comprehensive with eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and the usual assortment of pastries, fruits, cereals, and yogurt, and there was plenty of room in the eating area and lobby.

This is not a romantic mountain hotel with a great scenic view, but we'll go back to this place again when we need a quick and cost-effective overnight!

3  Thank tslthree
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I was studying in Boone for the summer and my husband wanted to come out and visit me with the dogs. The Holiday Inn Express in Blowing Rock was great. The staff was friendly, they gave us a room right near an exit so we could easily take the dogs outside, and the room was clean. The beds were very comfortable, as well.

The toilet wasn't working when we first arrived, and we contacted the front desk and two men were fixing the problem within minutes. Great service.

This hotel isn't located in the heart of Blowing Rock, but it's a great place to stay if you have dogs, and it's an easy two minute drive into the historic Blowing Rock area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and I and another couple stayed here for 3 nights during a visit to the area. We really have no complaints. The rooms and common areas were clean, the rooms were comfortable, the complementary breakfast was more than adequate, the location was convenient, and the price represented a good value. I'd like to make special mention of the fact that on one day, my wife and her friend needed transportation to a location about a mile away, and the manager went well above and beyond the call of duty by driving them there personally. Impressive!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jbird1213
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My family stayed here for a weekend. I wouldn't call it the greatest place, but you certainly could do much, much worse. As far as the pros, the indoor pool was a nice bonus, and the breakfast was fantastic! You're pretty close to Boone and right off the Blue Ridge Parkway. We were able to see quite a lot of the area because we were rather close to many attractions. The rooms were clean and the front desk was very courteous and helpful.

The main complaint I and my wife have is that the beds were way too hard. Both of us have back issues and we woke up feeling like we just went through 3 hours of calisthenics. Neither of us felt rested at all. Another minor issue is that the Wi-Fi coverage was a little spotty. On my phone, as I got closer to the window, the signal was nearly non-existent. My laptop was a little better, though.

Overall, though, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place close to Boone, or wanting to check out some of the attractions in the area (Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns, Linville Falls, etc.).

Room Tip: If you want quick access to the pool, ask for the first floor with rooms in the 125-140 range.