Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Boxwood Lodge(Blowing Rock)
Meadowbrook Inn(Blowing Rock)
View Hotel
The Green Park Inn(Blowing Rock)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanpancake machinenice hotelroad constructionthe blue ridge parkwayfree breakfastindoor poolnice stayfront desk staffdiscount ticketsbiscuits and gravycinnamon rollsnice breakfaststay there againtweetsie railroadthird floorgrandfather mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We were traveling down the Blue Ridge Pkwy and this was our next stop after Roanoke. I chose this hotel because I am a loyalty member and the rate was $63.75(WOW). Our room was very nice being spacious, clean, with a very comfy bed. The room was also very quiet. The breakfast was very good also with plenty of room and ample choices.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The check-in clerk was friendly and fair--our tub didn't drain well so we were immediately given an adjacent room. The water line to the toilet was off, so we turned it on and plugged in the bedside lights. Other than those minor issues and beds that were a bit too firm, plus an HVAC unit that didn't allow both the fan and a/c to be on at the same time, our stay was fine. Breakfast was satisfactory and apples were available in the afternoon. We didn't use the weight room or pool, or even the wireless internet, but the computer in the public area worked well. The price during the week was good, but it seems to go up significantly on weekends. The desk clerk sent us to two nearby restaurants that were both very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We were traveling through and called ahead for a room. The front desk worker was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and neat and we enjoyed the indoor pool, lots of towels available and the water was comfortable. Breakfast was good, with a large selection available. We would stop there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valsgramy
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Had to movie rooms because group was soooo loud. Front desk clerk needs a course in customer service, very rude young man. Rooms aee clean, would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank travel1215
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear travel1215,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel quite frequently (several times a year) since it first became a Holiday Inn in 2010. I thought it was a nice convenient hotel with a nice breakfast. The biggest selling point was that it was pet-friendly. I was quite happy about that!!! My small dog goes everywhere we go or we don't go. I went to book a room last week and found out it is no longer a pet friendly hotel. Therefore I have no use for this place and will not be back until it is pet-friendly again. I'm even willing to pay a pet fee without complaint. One star may be unreasonable but that's my opinion about a hotel that once allowed pets and no longer does.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family