“Very nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed here recently for business, just for one night. I typically stay in Lenoir, about a half hour south, because a room at the Days Inn is about half the price, but every hotel was booked solid because of the Little Miss North Carolina Pageant.
The front desk staff was very nice, the room was very clean. Since my stay was less than 12 hours, it was a little pricey for my needs, but the best I could find on short notice. If I was traveling on vacation and staying a longer time period, I would definitely recommend this hotel, as it is very convenient to downtown Blowing Rock, and a very comfortable, clean stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I just enjoyed a fabulous 3-night stay at this property. The night I arrived without a reservation, the two women behind the desk were extremely friendly, hospitable, and helpful. Before long, I had keys to a very clean and comfortable room. Housekeeping did a great job tidying up each day, and respected the "Quiet please" tag on the door while I slept in a little bit.

My stay was much in keeping with the majority of my very good experiences with the Holiday Inn Express brand. Breakfast was good and varied slightly each morning. I did not use the fitness room or pool.

The location was perfect! Numerous restaurants and Food Lion were immediately nearby, and a small outlet mall was right down the street. Most importantly, the places I wanted to visit (Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns, Banner Elk, etc.) were a beautiful, scenic drive away. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed for one night so we could be close to the mountain for the next days activities. We arrived late at night but there was a person right at the counter waiting for us. She was helpful and efficient, even told us she could get us discount tickets. The room was clean and spacious. We slept well. The breakfast was ample but seating was an issue, either get there early or be prepared to find a seat. You'll find everything you want for breakfast I think but it is cramped so just be patient. The road is currently under construction so just be aware going in and out with the traffic.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nordrummer21
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This is an older building that has been remodeled in the past 3-4 years. The hotel is average, but at $150 a night I would not reccomend or stay here again. In my opinion this is a $80-90 hotel. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished, except for the very soft bed. The pool is nice. Room is quite, but you can hear every noise in the bathroom next door. The hotel is located directly on the highway, which is currently under major construction. The free breakfast is OK, typical frozen/microwaved food. Next trip I will try the Holiday Inn or Country Inn in Boone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Jim K,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. It is always a great pleasure to read encouraging remarks from our valued guests like yourself that the rooms are clean and nicely furnished. On the contrary, it is disappointing to hear that you were not satisfied with the price you paid and some room amenities fell below your expectations. We would like to sincerely apologize in this regard. This is certainly not the impression we wish to project to our guests. We take our customer reviews very seriously and really use them to better the quality and guests services we offer in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 July 2012

There will always be people who knit pick. I thought this hotel was very nice. We only payed $90 a night and it was well worth it. Continental Breakfast had bacon scrambled eggs and sausage and gravy biscuits! The beds were very comfortable and sheets and blankets were super soft. I am very picky and a clean freak and was very happy with the room. It's not a Hilton so you can't expect immaculate! Only complaint is about another guest who wanted an employee to ask my husband to eat in the room, because "his tattoos were scaring her children." The employee did not ask, my husband just overheard and did it on his own. She must not have gotten the memo saying our money spends the same as hers! Other than the closed minded, discrimatory guest this stay was wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank carpenoctemx3
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Nice Hotel, Centrally located to Blowing Rock activities and close to Boone without all the traffic congestion in Boone. Nice breakfast layout. Quiet rooms. Easy access to rooms in front and back of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PamT1154
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed here on Monday July 2. The hotel was full. The rooms were nice and clean. We were on the second floor and the doors opened to the hallway. The room was similar to Hampton Inns that I've stayed at in the past. The breakfast was good also with a good selection - cereal, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, pastries, pancakes, bagels and English muffins.

The downside was the pool and the towels in the room. The pool was small and crowded. We only stayed about 20 minutes before we left. When we got back to get showers, there were only three towels in a room with four people. Guest services said that they would not have more clean towels until 9:00 the next morning.

Other than that the stay was nice and quiet. I paid $94 including all taxes.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Blowing Rock Inn and Villas
Blowing Rock Inn and Villas
#4 of 16 in Blowing Rock
The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Village Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South? Share your experiences!