“Impeccable service!”

Westglow Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Our anniversary trip to the Westglow couldn't have been nicer. The service was impeccable, the staff warm, welcoming and personable, and the dinner was heavenly. The live piano music accompanying dinner was a wonderful treat and afterwards we curled up in front of the living room fireplace with a game of Scrabble while the piano player regaled us with our favorite musical selections. Heavenly! The only negative was that a windstorm was blowing through the Carolinas that weekend and the noise from the wind made it hard to sleep. However that would have been true for most anyplace sitting up high on a mountain that night.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house - not the lodge.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melody S

Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Westglow for our annual trip while our kids were at camp. We picked the hotel for its proximity to great hiking in the North Carolina mountains and were not disappointed. The service at the hotel was wonderful, from the housekeeping to the restaurant. The bedding and rooms were wonderful, and I started to feel guilty about the number of times fresh towels were provided! The spa was also wonderful, and we each had a great massage. The "relaxation room" is hard to beat. I am looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed in the lodge in rm 12 - a corner room with wonderful views of mts in 2 directions..Room was tiny and AC machine entirely in room took up 1/3 of floor. Entire building had no place light enough to read - including library. Our bathroom had maybe 15 watts total - on dark days shaving was impossible! i'm not tall, but tub was too short to stretch out. Staff was very nice. Dinner was OK, but overpriced. Breakfast was a big disappointment. Served 7:30 til 9 and we had to wait 45 min when we chose one of the 3 offered hot breakfasts. Could hear conversations in next room clearly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank olderfemaletraveler
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Great property, wonderful staff. Perfect for a getaway with the spouse, or as a girls getaway spa weekend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2011

A travel highlight on many levels - nature, food, fitness, health and relaxation. Stayed in the Cedar cabin. Hikes, treatments, service, scenery, owners and fellow guests were inspiring. Best spa cuisine I've had anywhere. This experience converted my husband into a confirmed spa lover - We will return.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank studiojr
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I just returned from a lovely stay at the Westglow! I am a repeat guest and love it! There are 6 rooms in the mansion and each one offers a different decor and view. All of the rooms are great, it's hard to narrow it down to one! If you desire more privacy, just across the street, is a cottage with individual accomodations on 3 levels. This is in a beautiful wooded area with a nice area to walk around. It is a 1 minute drive across the street to the mansion for breakfast and to the spa at the Life Enrichment Center. Wherever you choose to stay, you will be very happy with the very clean and comfortable rooms! The grounds are impeccable and you always see the team working on the grounds keeping everything 5 star status! The spa is a must----an indoor heated pool with 2 hot spas, sauna, steam room, and a fabulous veranda overlooking the mountains-also sun decks where you can have lunch, sun or just relax! Brian gives the most amazing massages!!!!! Book early to get Brian!! I also had reflexology which was informative and relaxing as well! Don't miss out on the morning hikes! If you do, you can still take a great hike around the property at any time or hit the tennis courts! The staff at the WG is more than willing to ensure you enjoy your stay! All you have to do is ask!!!! Nikki, Natalie, Jimmy and Jennifer make every guest feel special! The food is amazing----Rowlands is a MUST! Don't forget to work off your indulgements at the workout center --Regina teaches cycle, stretch/tone, yoga and acquacise----she is highly experienced and very professional. Westglow is an award winning destination spa and deservedly so!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank LLawler
Reviewed 10 August 2011

(default to 5 on the rooms since I did not stay) My partner gave me a pre-birthday present of a day at the spa. I could not say a single bad thing about the experience if I tried. The hot stone massage and gentleman's facial were both perfect. I don't relax well, so to find a place with a wonderful view that I could just sit and read in peace was heavenly. I thank my partner, but I really thank the Westglow staff. The level of service is top notch. I will share one observation. A nice young man who was part of the grounds/facility service staff walked by the whirlpool after someone had gotten out (an event he did not witness), saw a puddle of water, stopped where he was going, fetched a towel and mopped up the water around the edge and then went about his duties. Small stuff, but put together it made everything very nice.

• Stayed: August 2011