Westglow Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Meadowbrook Inn(Blowing Rock)
Boxwood Lodge(Blowing Rock)
View Hotel
All reviewsrelaxation roomrelais chateauxsteam roomthe main housemorning hikeguided hikeviews of the mountainsgreat massagethe claw foot tubwater aerobics classbeautiful mansionconstructive criticismshower curtainwonderful birthdayworkout areanorth carolinathe entire property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This place is sooo not worth the cost and time. The staff was friendly but the spa is so out dated. When you enter the spa, you are greeted by a dirty bath room rug and in the center of the spa there are weight machines sitting on top of teal carpet??? Carpet really!! Once in the ladies room there is more of the teal carpet that is stained, I guess they aren't familar with the word sanitary. There were mixed match of personal items offered such as cans of Suave deodorant on the styling stations. As you walk out to the pool area there are dingy white plastic floor covers to assist one to not slip and fall. look. I am thinking installation of a pebble tile that would help reducing slip/falls.

The relaxation room was nice, outside of the dark green and white marble hearth around the fireplace. I also noticed some ladies sitting on the white blankets provided by the spa but once the ladies left the staff re-folded the blankets and left them out, instead of picking them up to be laundered.

The massage was less than average, I was in a room that was not darken due to the light coming from the window above.

The food was horrible. My first course was black bean soup, it was served in a bowl but there was not even enough to cover the spoon, the consistency was that of re-fried beans and was absolutely tasteless. Next was the fruit salad, served on a saucer, mixed greens, one strawberry, four apricots, a four almonds, a teaspoon of goat cheese and barely a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette. Next the grill chicken was bland, no seasoning but it was moist and finally the brown betty brownie with strawberry sauce. The brownie had the consistence of a dense bread with a very abrupt taste.

The spa’s décor had a 1980’s look and for the cost they owe their customers a more modern look and better offerings.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Flawless01
Westglow224, General Manager at Westglow Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

We clearly did not meet your expectations for what a spa experience should be. For that we are sorry. Our accolades among readers of top spa magazines such as Spa Finder and Travel and Leisure consistently rank us among the top five spas in the world. We have found our guests prefer a more comfortable, relaxed environment, hence the installation of Stark carpet throughout our exercise area. We strive to maintain the highest level of cleanliness possible and consistently are complimented accordingly. Our spa was completely redone in 2007 and is updated on an annual basis. The decor of our spa is consistent with the theme of our historic manor house and infuses traditional spa colors of teals and blues.

We wish you the very best in future travels.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I can not say enough about how wonderful our stay was this weekend. The setting, the service, the food, and the SPA ...all top shelf. We took spin classes each morning after a delicious and healthy breakfast. The staff ranks three per guest and you feel it in every way. We ventured into Blowing Rock for dinners each night which added to the trip, but other guests raved about the dinners at Rowlands. It snowed every day which we added to the romantic atmosphere. We stayed in the private house on the property(Cedar Lodge 1) which we will absolutely do again. We are thinking about returning in May !!

Room Tip: We loved the Cedar Lodge, and its is just across the street from the main house. Very private .
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LC M
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Based on the reviews was very excited to visit the property for a day spa package only ( no overnight accommodations at the resort). The staff was friendly and courteous. Once entered the treatment room, was given an introduction to the products that would be used (which was fine) until was given a booklet, containing all products from the line to review prior to begining spa treatment. This was awkward & felt more like a marketing promo/demo. The service itself was just okay .....but have had better massages. The therapist seemed a bit nervous/uneasy and fumbled over the chair/heating pad. The spa facilites were clean and offered several amenities.
The lunch was tasty, but my entree was barely lukewarm. The relaxation room is luxurious and the views of the mountains were stunning! There were other non spa guest having lunch in the spa area so felt uncomfortable being in robe while sitting next to guest fully clothed in boots & jackets.

My additional ratings below are for the Enrichment center only as was not overnight guest at the resort.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Alexiaann
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

A great first stay here. It was our first time to visit the area but not the last time. The accominaditions were excellent. Clean comfortable and the service is the best. And the resturant in the Mansion, Rowlands is second to none.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank eronpickard
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I love escapes, spas, the outdoors, fresh air and great food. I have had the pleasure of experiencing spa escapes in several countries. I did my homework before going to Westglow and they had what I was looking for plus more. What I expected and experienced were in sync for this 5 day get away. I understood that the accommodations were more reflective of a character home than a "modern facility" and that is what I wanted. On the other hand, the spa and services were definitely modern and above par; again what I was looking for. I flew into Charlotte and enjoyed the drive; especially as I started approaching Blowing Rock and was able to enjoy the beautiful views that come with a higher altitude. When I have the opportunity, I would definitely return for another visit. The one thing I would prefer is that the services, including the restaurant was all inclusive and that you do not have to deal with managing the gratuities as an additional fee checking out; especially when you are staying for more than a day. Other high rated destination spas incorporate the rates as all inclusive and I do prefer it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo