“Favorite Spa”

Westglow Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I love visiting West Glow Spa in the summertime. The grounds are peaceful and beautiful. The services are always wonderful. I usually get a massage and facial and am never disappointed. They also offer salon services and have had great pedicures and manicures. The relaxation room has a huge window that overlooks the mountains. I could just stay in there all day. Definitely worth a visit if you are vacationing in the mountains!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Matika88
Westglow224, General Manager at Westglow Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2014

Thanks for your great review! We appreciate your positive comments and thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We hope you'll come back soon and look forward to many visits in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our summer home is twenty minutes from Westglow. I always make time for the spa and the manny offerings here. I've visited many spas, over the years, and this is the cleanest, most peaceful and most beautiful. The services are all wonderful. Although I've never spent the night, I have seen rooms and they are charming. The food in the spa is healthy and tasty. Rowland's, it's restaurant, is delicious ! Views are majestic!

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are just right
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen M

Thanks for your continued visits to Westglow and for taking the time to write of your experiences. Since you're so close by, we think you should treat yourself to an evening away and stay with us in our Manor House and have dinner at Rowland's. You'll find it hard to go back home! We are happy to have guests like you and look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Each year that we vacation in Blowing Rock I spend a day at westglow spa. The whole experience is just wonderful. This time I booked a package for the day. I started my morning with a Pilates workout. The instructor was fun as well as knowledgeable. After trying to be health conscience I started the pampering. If you have never had reflexology, just imagine 1 full hour of massage on your feet. Makes you feel like dancing when your finished. Sara was so sweet and did a fantastic job.
They serve you lunch that starts with soup and ends with dessert. Everything very health oriented but just so tasty.
Next, on to the massage. Warm towels on your back and feet as the therapist begins her work. Laura was a pro. Her deep massage is the best.
The view from the top of the mt is breath taking. While Inbetween services you lounge in the relaxation room. Views out the picture windows lull you into a peaceful experience.
Last but not least was the facial....Myra was my therapist and after examine my skin, began her work. It was a wonderful hour and I'm sure I look younger .
In previous visits I had a 2 hour Thi massage. Ryan stretches you every which way you can imagine. Your not only more limber but you could join cirque de sole.
This is my 4 th visit to Westglow and I am hooked. I can't say enough great things about this spa.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine R

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your services. We have informed all of our staff members you mentioned in your review of your positive comments. They truly appreciate knowing their efforts are remembered. Please continue to keep us informed of your experiences and always let us know if there is anything we can do to improve. We look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My daughter and I decided on Westglow for a week-end getaway. The staff, the accommodations, the meals and the spa were all excellent. We each chose two spa treatments; facial, Vichy treatment, and aroma therapy massages. It was over the top. The windows in the spa rest area are enormous and look out over the Blue Ridge Mountains. So peaceful! I would recommend Westglow to anyone. Our hiking guide was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. I look forward to returning soon! Don't miss the "glow" in the evening!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gay B

So glad you and your daughter enjoyed your visit. One reviewer commented that if heaven had a lobby, our relaxation lounge would be it. As you said, the views are fantastic and the space is so peaceful and tranquil. We are glad you were able to experience many of our services and hope that you'll return again very soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Visited Westglow for an a la carte massage on a beautiful February morning recently. The setting and views are to die for! The staff was very helpful and friendly. Got a wonderful massage from Sarah, who I highly recommend! The only thing that would have made the experience better is if a la carte customers were allowed to use the sauna, pool, and hot tub before and/or after their treatment(s). These are only available for day package customers. I can understand the day packagers being the priority. However, there was hardly anyone there that morning and these three things were not being used. Once again, very good experience! Would be perfect if Westglow would revise their policy on the use of certain facilities for a la carte guests.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Thinman1978

Thank you for your review. We were somewhat confused that you were not able to utilize the facilities during your visit. When you are a guest of Westglow you have use of all of the facilities in the Life Enrichment Center. We apologize for any miscommunication that might have occurred. We hope that you will return soon and experience all of our amenities.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

the Westglow resort is a perfect winter getaway.... definitely stay in the house but with only 6 rooms reserve early. the staff was so attentive. Upon arrival we were greeted with glasses of champaign. they had me from there.... But they truly went out of their way to make us feel welcomed & taken care of. the restaurant experience was amazing. both food & atmosphere.. the whole experience is so much nicer than a bed & breakfast & much more quant than a hotel... its in its own category..the spa was delightful but go in with an open mind. its rated one of the top but probably not for atmosphere although they have everything.. saunas, hot tubs, pool, a co-ed relaxing room with beautiful views of the BlueRidge parkway.. The treatments were amazing with organic lotions & oils. A signature organic cold tea & ginger hot tea is served complimentary at the spa & they are delicious! very health & organic oriented.. a great experience for the resort & spa overall!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristi K

Thank you for the positive comments. We truly pride ourselves on personal service to all of our guests. With a staff to guest ratio of 7 to 1, each guest is truly pampered. Our staff members genuinely appreciate feedback such as yours. We hope that you will return again very soon and experience the newest additions to the Westglow experience.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I spent the perfect day at this spa. The view is to die for, the Services were great I had a massage and facial. Both therapists were awesome, The decor was light and airy. My package included a lunch it was pretty good, the dessert was not great but I really did Not need to eat it anyway :). The homemade ginger tea was great. The exercise facility was perfect for my needs, i wish there were exercise classes during the times i was there as i would have loved to check them out, i had services during the scheduled times. However, the staff did pull out a spin bike for me and offered to put in a video for my own private class. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and I can't wait to come back and hike. The cleanliness of the common areas was good but my only constructive criticism is that there is not a full time attendant who is constantly straightening in the ladies locker room. it seemed like a rotating person. The ladies room stalls had water on the floor both times in the same spot where someone had come in from the pool or jacuzzi and was not dry so obviously it had not been checked on. However it was not "dirty" and I know if I took the time to say something the staff would have addressed it Immediately. It is a little pricey compared to other spas i have been to, but I would gladly pay it again as it is well worth it Frankly, you could just go and sit in the quiet room all day and look at the view to get an ultimate relaxing spa experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ncluxtrvl
Westglow224, General Manager at Westglow Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review and comments. We are glad your experience was a good one. We will pass along all of your comments to our Spa Director for review. We hope that you will return very soon. Happy New Year!