We just spent this past weekend (8/13-8/15) at Westglow and we were not very happy with my overall stay but I’ll try to be as objective as it gets. The area is nice and tranquil. The West glow manor and spa are very nice. We had dinner one night at their restaurant and food was great. Breakfast (included) in the mornings was above average. The spa amenities are fabulous. What we didn’t like:
1) arrived at 2:15 pm as recommended at their website and room wasn’t ready. It does happen. We were led to believe that they are working on it so we just relaxed till 3 pm when another person informed us that housekeeping just got to clean our room and it should be ready in 30-45 minutes. We ended up getting there at 4 pm.
2) The Cedar lodge is a driving distance from the manor/spa complex which is not very clearly explained on their website, so if you get a reservation at the cedar lodge, just know that you will have to get in your car to go to the spa or gym or breakfast. We didn’t know that.
3) Cedar lodge 3, which was our room, felt hot and changing the setting on the AC controls didn’t change anything. When we complained we were told that Cedar lodge 2 has the controls for our room (can you believe that?) and we were asked what temperature do you like and it was set, but once cedar lodge 2 visitors came, I guess they changed it and we spent the hottest night. We did have an ugly industrial strength stand-up fan in the room that we used that night (now we know why this ugly fan is here) the fan was very loud. We paid $370/night expecting the least of comfort which we were denied.
4) The second day we couldn’t get a reservation at their restaurant and the front desk recommended a restaurant in town and told us that she will make the reservation. We asked for wine and she told us to relax on the deck and she will get our wine. 45 minutes later she came to assure us that she hasn’t forgotten about our wine but she is “locating it” so we asked if we have a reservation and she said no, I haven’t gotten to that yet. I managed to review 10 restaurants on the iphone and call 3 of them and get a reservation, all in 5 minutes and we ended up going to the spa to get wine.
So if you are planning to visit here, I’d recommend staying at the Manor, not the lodge (if you don’t want to drive back and forth) and if you want to or had to stay at the lodge, avoid CL3 because of the AC problem. Also don’t expect much from front desk.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Westglow Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westglow Resort And Spa
- Westglow Hotel Blowing Rock
- Westglow Spa Blowing Rock