Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
Meadowbrook Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$113
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$113
US$112
Cliff Dwellers Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$157
The Green Park Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$129
Blowing Rock Inn and Villas(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$112
Alpine Village Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hemlock Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$100
All reviewsbob timberlakebedroom condopaddle boatsoverlooking the lakeindoor poolping pongbreakfast buffetbeautiful groundsmoses coneget awaytanger outletshiking trailsthe main lodgewood burning fireplacechristmas lightsfull kitchenbit dated
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We've stayed here several times in the past few years and it seems to be getting better and better. The property is lovely, sprawling, with a small lake in the middle, walking trails, tennis courts, picnic area, etc. You can stay in the main hotel or in the condos. All are good options, though the decor in the condos is very dependant on owner, so best to look at it online first.

Recently, they've added a nice little spa. It's small, but service is very good and it's a great escape if that's what you're looking for. The indoor pool is dated, but serves it's purpose on cooler days. They do have kids club that is well manged and babysitting services.

Only negatives are that the one restaurant is hit or miss and the service is not always accomodating to different needs. Other than that, we've enjoyed ourselves time and again here.

Room Tip: Check out the map of the property online before choosing a condo. Some are very far away from the main in which is fine unless you have small kids or cannot walk that far, then you might want to choose something closer.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank takenthekids
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have stayed at the Resort numerous times over the years and always enjoyed my time there. The location in Blowing Rock is perfect for sight seeing downtown but also self contained enough to keep you occupied with activities. I have stayed in the Inn and the condo's on the resort and there hasn't been a bad unit among the ones I have been in. The service is friendly and the units make you feel quite at home on your stay. I always check availibility here before I book anywhere in the Mountains of Nc.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam H
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife, my parents, and my son had a wonderful visit. The staff at the front desk was very helpful. Ruthie at the pool was great! There were many people in the pool around 4pm on Saturday and we didn't want to go swimming. Ruthie said she would call our room when the pool was less busy. About 50 minutes later, Ruthie called us to say it wasn't busy and we went swimming. We love that personal touch when someone goes the extra mile! Sunday morning was my son's 8th birthday. The whole staff at breakfast came over and sang Happy Birthday and gave him some treats - He loved it!

My whole family says 'THANK YOU' to your staff for such a wonderful weekend.

Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt28607
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This hotel seems like it's straight from the Dirty Dancing movie. The fake plants need to go. They still had bad Christmas lights up all around the property during our visit on January 28. The heated pool and hot tub were loaded with loud children. Super service, though. They provided a free shuttle to and from our excellent restaurant (Bistro Roca) in downtown Blowing Rock. The tiny spa is a great addition too. This place has great potential, but needs a bit of a makeover.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
ChetolaResort, Director of Sales at Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

The Christmas lights were still up because for the past 14 years, we have assured our guests that they will remain up through Blowing Rock Winterfest which is always the last weekend in January. So many visitors asked if we would keep the lights through that event and we were happy to do it. This is a long standing tradition.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Wow, I just had the best message in the whole world! By this I mean, I have been in many countries and have NEVER had a massage like Bob Fedele gave me. I have many back problems and Bob knew right where to give me relief! My back has been hurting so bad for 15 years and has been getting worse. Today I can say~~Chetola Spa is the best in the world!!! Thank You Bob for helping me! I felt total relief when I walked out. I'm looking forward to maintaining these deep tissue massages!! CHETOLA SPA YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
Linda Freeman, North Carolina 1/23/2012