All reviewsbob timberlakebedroom condopaddle boatsoverlooking the lakeindoor poolping pongbeautiful groundsbreakfast buffetrec centerfly fishinglodge roomsmoses conetanger outletsget awaychristmas lightshiking trailswood burning fireplace
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The property is a combination of hotel, private condos and timeshares. The hotels have two choices, an eight room B&B and a lodge. Our 2 BR/2BA, full kitchen deluxe condo had views of lots of trees and a peek at the pond that is on-site. One King bed, 2 twin beds and pullout couch. Luxurious feeling. There are other 2 bedroom standard condos that don’t have Jacuzzi etc, so check what you are getting. Lots of amenities provided and fully stocked with paper products, lots of towels, dish and laundry detergent, garbage bags, etc. The staff throughout the facility is over the top in terms of meeting every need. We had two minor maintenance issues that were taken care of within 15 minutes. A tech guy was sent out immediately one evening to help us get the DVD to play. Strong wifi and individual router in unit. Business center with 2 free computers on site. Very small spa on-site. Very nice deck. Buildings are two stories and are built into hillside so you go half a stairway up or down to access your unit from parking area. Top units seem to have more light. Very fully equipped with high quality dishes, pans, small appliances, W/D, iron, hairdryer. A wet bar and a Jacuzzi with view are off the living room. Very quiet. Excellent on-site restaurant and small pub. Indoor pool, on-site spa. Playground for kids, but didn’t see many of them. On-site trout fishing and pedal boats. Charcoal barbeque next to building. Wood-burning fireplace in our unit (some have gas).
This is really a get away from it all type facility. Nothing going on in evening. Walking distance (20 minutes) to downtown Blowing Rock where there are several other good restaurants.(Try Story Street Grill). Also some good restaurants in neighboring Boone (Joy Bistro). Boone Golf course (public) is just 3 miles away located between resort and Boone and my husband and friend said well worth the fees and beautifully maintained. Tanger Factory outlets with a great selection of stores backs up to the resort, but you can’t see it through the trees. Grocery store (Food Lion) is ½ mile away.
Resort also has privately owned condos (1-4 bedrooms) and hotel units that you can rent.

Room Tip: These are two story condos.. Hotel is three stories. The top floors seem to have more light. We didn't get much of a "lake" (it's really a pond) view, but enjoyed being surrounded by trees and expansive lawns.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This place is amazing! Everything about it is wonderful. The grounds are so well kept and the condo had everything. It is so peaceful. We loved it. Our kids loved the pool, hiking, and movie selection. By far, one of our favorite vacations!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Resort:
Chetola is a beautiful, quaint place to stay near Blowing Rock. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider staying here again. The resort grounds were clean and the room was spacious and clean as well. Our room included the breakfast buffet, which was lack luster and not very good. Check in was easy and friendly. We walked to Blowing Rock the next day. It was an easy walk from the resort (maybe a mile from the main building) and a beautiful day!

The Restaurant:
Having a restaurant and bar on site is great. We ordered appetizers and drinks. The food came out fast, but we thought that everything was just "okay" as far as yummy food goes. It was over priced for what you get. Our server was nice and attentive...Kelsey??

The Spa:
Our package included a massage for each myself and husband. The spa experience was a split between good and not great. My husband really like his massage and therapist (Linda), although i think she should be careful telling clients that they have swollen lymph nodes, she is not a doctor. I didn't really like my massage. My therapist's hand and lotion/cream were both cold, the table was cold (no table warmer), her strokes were choppy. She also adjusted the table twice during the massage, definitely disruptive to any sort of relaxation going on. For a spa resort, i think that there should be a more pampering feeling there (warmth, scents go a long way) I was glad my hubby's experience was better.

The pool and hot tub were nice, although the hot tub is not hot, more of a warm. There were some pool noodles and other pool toys there. Also, a ping pong table. There is an outdoor deck by the indoor pool and a playground. Very family friendly.

We would stay here again, but there is definitely room for some improvements at the spa and restaurant.

Room Tip: we had a lake view king, it would be nice to get the balcony room next time.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank superspaceystar
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed for four days. Service was great and the rooms were nice. The best thing about the facility was the lake and nearby trails. Breakfast buffet was very good. Check in was easy and the staff was helpful. We really enjoyed the hot tub pool and sauna.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed at Chetola on 4 occasions. I have stayed in their standard room 3 times and I thought they were comparable to a Ritz Carlson. Spotlessly clean and beautiful. The beds and bedding were the nicest I've ever stay on in any hotel. The environment is absolutely beautiful. For either a business meeting or a relaxing get away, I can't think of a better place to stay. My last stay I discover the Bob Timberlake Inn which is a small part of the resort - I think 6 rooms. It is so beautiful that I would put it up against any Four Seasons anywhere. With limited availability I would encourage you to see if a room is available. This part of the resort has a private library and a wine and cheese event every evening at 5 pm. This resort is worth creating a reason for a get away.

Room Tip: You won't regret staying here. Try to get into the Bob Timberlake Rooms. Each has a fireplace and each room is large, unique and inspiring. You will be positively surprised.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business