The Green Park Inn
Meadowbrook Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$113
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$112
Cliff Dwellers Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$145
Blowing Rock Inn and Villas(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$112
Boxwood Lodge(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$100
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$202
Travelocity
Westglow Resort & Spa(Blowing Rock)
US$427
TripAdvisor
All reviewshistoric hotelchestnut grilleleanor rooseveltmurder mysterymade to order breakfastpiano player in the lobbyjimmy stewartstep back in timebreakfast was includednew ownersroad constructiongrand pianothe general managermodern amenitiesfront porchfrench toasthot breakfast
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I just returned from a one night stay at the Green Park Inn. We were greeted by Brie at the reception area. She is a delightful, intelligent, articulate woman who was very helpful informing us as to the insights of the hotel. We were so happy that we found this establishment to be pet friendly, as we often travel with our Yorkie. We loved the character and charm of this property as it reminded us of similar resorts such as the Sagamore in Lake George(Bolton Landing) NY and the Gideon Putnam in Saratoga Springs.

We stayed in a room with a king sized bed and balcony overlooking the golf course. The room and hotel were immaculate, which is my number one priority. On a personal note the hotel robes are awesome!!! (And I am so picky that I never usually even try them).

The new owners have clearly dedicated a great deal of effort to restore the establishment to an era which some people may not appreciate. I for one found opening a door with a "real key" to be a fond memory. I loved the transoms over doors and windows. The open front porch, lobby area, detailed library, wainscoting and moldings brought back memories of visiting historical sights in so many of the states we have visited. We also enjoyed the views of the golf course from the balconey of our room.

We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and made reservations at the Chestnut Grille. We were disappointed that they did not serve one of their signature dishes ( the chocolate expresso filet) on that evening. We were told that they had many patrons order it two days prior to our visit and that they were unable to offer it in that evening. When we inquired about the chef's specials for the evening they indicated that on Sundays they serve a more home style menu, which is truly appreciated, but I just wish I knew that ahead of time so that we might have dined elsewhere.

I will not go into the details of the food as I am sure they were trying to do the best they could, but it was not one of my favorite experiences. The servers were great and worked hard to make the dining experience wonderful. We also enjoyed the live music that was provided. They made the evening a pleasant event.

I will recommend the inn to my friends in the future and I hope that it will continue to thrive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Champagneheaven
GPIOwners, Front Office Manager at The Green Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and were able to take in your historic surroundings. Thank you for complimenting our robes! We just started putting them in the rooms recently, and they have been a big hit. I apologize that your dining experience wasn't what you were expecting. For future reference, we are happy to take dinner entree requests when you make your dinner reservation, to make sure you have your favorite dish on the night you are dining. We'd love to have you back the next time you are in the area. Don't forget to request the chocolate steak!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This wonderful historic hotel has gone through an excellent restoration. The rooms are comfortable and large, especially in the golf wing. The Chestnut Grille's food is very good. Try the trout -- it's amazing, as good if not better than any I've eaten in the Blowing Rock/Boone area. The Divide Bar is cozy. The bar's stained glass window reminds you that you're sitting on top of the Eastern Continental Divide. There's nothing like sitting with a glass of wine in the inn's library or lobby listening to Charlie playing the baby grand. The complimentary breakfast is very good. On weekdays, it's order off the menu; on weekend mornings, it's buffet. The staff is friendly and accommodating. We highly recommend it. Hoping to go back during the Christmas holidays. If it's good enough for Jimmy Stewart, John D. Rockefeller and Eleanor Roosevelt, it will be great for you, too!

Room Tip: Stay in a room in the golf wing. The rooms are bigger than any you'll find at a Marriott, and each room as its own balcony with rocking chairs
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SashinSC
GPIOwners, Front Office Manager at The Green Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us! It sounds like you experienced everything the hotel has to offer. It's a treat to have the opportunity to enjoy some wine while listening to music on the piano. We like to believe our famous guests from the past did the exact same thing! Hopefully, we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This old hotel is amazing. When you drive up you recognize it immediately from the website pictures. The desk clerk at check in was very courteous and helpful.We needed assistance with luggage and she handled the bell service herself. The hotel itself has been kept in as much original condition as possible. Our room was in the "new section built in the 1950's ". We had a large balcony overlooking the golf course. The view from the balcony was amazing. The doors going out to balcony were a regular door and a screen door. I really enjoyed being able to leave the door open open while we were in the room. The entire hotel made you feel like you have stepped back in time. The bar is very interesting. It actually sits on the eastern continental divide. The divide goes down the middle of the room. Thus the name "Divide Tavern & Lounge". Our bartender was great. Service was very good and she also shared a lot of history about the hotel with us. Don't go here if you are expecting the furnishings of a Hilton or Omni. But if you like history and enjoy old properties, don't miss it! We were on a 2 week road trip from Texas to Virginia and back so we could only stay one night. I hope to go back sometime and we will definately stay at the Green Park Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms in golf wing are larger and have balcony. Very nice and relaxing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing! We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations and balcony. It is nice to relax in the rocking chairs on a private balcony, and thankfully the weather was nice enough for you to take advantage of it. Thank you for stopping by the Tavern while you were here. It seems like each section of the hotel has it's own story to be shared. Next time, you can hear a few more!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I loved our two night stay at this hotel. I think management has done a great job of preserving the hotel's charm and history! It is also in a great location--right across from the Blowing Rock landmark and close to the charming town of Blowing Rock. Overall, we had a good experience at this hotel, definitely worth staying here at least once to get the Green Park historical experience.

I was reading a review that stated that this hotel was outdated, still used keys, etc. and after reading the manager's comment to that review, I accidentally pressed that the Manager's review was inappropriate!! Sorry! I actually agree with the manager, so please excuse my accidental click on that link!!! I couldn't find a way to undo the inappropriate report :-/

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for giving us a try! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Don't worry about accidentally reporting the response. We all make mistakes! I'm glad you agreed with us about our keys. We are proud that we still have actual keys for our rooms instead of the more common cards to be swiped. We'd be happy to have you back!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was lucky to be at a great friends wedding over the weekend at this beautiful place ! the owner was very helpful, the staff was great the rooms were clean. overall a fantastic place either for events or a quiet weekend as it is close to the town, and also to the famous spots. full of love , a perfect place

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing! It's always such a pleasure to have a wedding group at the hotel to celebrate their happy occasion. Our owners are great, and always enjoy getting the know the guests. I'm glad you had a chance to meet them! We'd love to have you next time you are in town.