Meadowbrook Inn
US$113
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$112
Cliff Dwellers Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$145
Blowing Rock Inn and Villas(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$112
Boxwood Lodge(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$100
The Green Park Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$129
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$202
Orbitz.com
Westglow Resort & Spa(Blowing Rock)
US$427
TripAdvisor
All reviewsannex buildingprivate poolduck pondfeeding the duckstwo bedroom suitewhirlpool tubbreakfast includedbiscuits and gravywithin walking distancedowntown areapark your carmain streetthe location is perfectbeds were very comfortablean easy walknice roomdowntown blowing rock
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel one night before heading back to Florida. I wanted a very relaxing evening so I reserved the room that has a private pool. This was so very nice. As soon as we checked in I headed for our private pool, took a nice swim and then again before going to bed. The room was great, the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Wish I had stayed longer.

Room Tip: Go ahead and splurge on the room with your own private pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cranier
Meadowbrook I, Manager at Meadowbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

I'm so glad you loved our Pool Suite! Our property owner, who is also a mechanical engineer, designed this room. We keep the water temperature at 90 degrees, and the floating mats are a treat!
It seems that couples who want to relax, or couples who are seeking a romantic getaway, really enjoy this room style.
However, another whole group of families with little ones loves our Pool Suites, as well! While one parent gets to sleep in, the other parent can put the little ones in the pool before breakfast.
The room's layout: a King bedroom, a Living Room with sleeper sofa and fireplace and wet bar, Bath with whirlpool tub and his/her shower heads. A spiral staircase leads downstairs to the pool, which is 4' deep, 16' long, and 8' wide.
Thanks for your kind words about our staff, and thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The first night we had to have them bring clean sheets. There was some oily substance on the top sheet and hair on the sheets. This was about 10:30 and was already for bed so we changed the sheets. I was so upset I forgot to take darn pictures. But I did put them all together so that they would have them to look at in the morning. They said that they could not find them that they had already been put with the other ones.
They did let us leave early which was the best part of the stay.

Room Tip: Would only have a suite and that is still just ok
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
coolideas, Manager at Meadowbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I remember your last review of our property, which was very similar to this one. You may recall that, when you and I spoke about the issues from your stay this time, I encouraged you to find a property that might better suit your needs. The important thing is that you enjoy your time in our beautiful area!
My staff brought you fresh linens at 10:30 at night, and, had we been given the opportunity, we would have changed the entire bedding system. Both my Housekeeping and Front Desk teams are trained to replace linens or to provide late-night or emergency service when guests need them.
In the morning, when you told me that you wished to stay another night, my Housekeeping director did a full clean of your room and changed all the linens again, from mattress pad to comforter. Both she and I inspected the room after the cleaning.
Of course, I was surprised that you checked out later that day, but this was not a problem for us in any way.
All in all, wherever you stay in our beautiful town of Blowing Rock, I hope you enjoy the mountains and the scenery, and I hope you find a wonderful hotel property that absolutely works for you!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Overall the one word to describe Meadowbrook is Fabulous. It is obvious that staff, management and owners are very thoughtful. The rooms were spacious and Clean. There was coffe in the lobby. Breakfast was hot and delicious. Staff were friendly and helpful. You could buy discounted tickets for attractions at the main desk. It was like they had thought of everything. The pool area was even clean. We were there in Easter and we asked about local Easter Services and the had a printout ready of local places. We will definitely stay again and will spread the word. Thanks Meadowbrook!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Lisa1360

Thanks for all your kudos, Lisa! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Our staff works very hard behind the scenes to make guests comfortable.
But, moreover, we love to be creative (as a boutique hotel should be) and do small touches that make our guests feel special!
I'm glad you liked our chef's upgraded and complimentary Easter breakfast and the coffee our culinary team provides. I'll let him know.
The Easter Bunny and Easter Bunny baskets were so much fun for our staff!
It was a great weekend, with lots of happiness and lots of Easter surprises; I'm glad the list of services was helpful to you, as well.
We'll look forward to seeing you back sometime soon! Have a great spring!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have been staying at the Meadowbrook Inn for over seven years when we visit Blowing Rock. We have always fought it to be clean and quiet. This year our daughter enjoyed the indoor pool and they have added a buffet breakfast with biscuits, gravy, eggs and a meat. Also, juice and coffee or tea.

It is also next door to the Public House restaurant which is new in the last year and we liked it. Also, only two or three blocks walk to the downtown area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim437106
coolideas, Manager at Meadowbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Jim,
Thanks so much for staying with us again! And thanks for noticing the changes and upgrades to our breakfast program. I'll pass along your kind words to our Executive Chef and his team, and to our Housekeeping staff. I'm also glad you enjoyed the Public House--I ate there last week myself and loved it! Have a great spring!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

A quick 1-night trip for Easter was delightful. Clean, comfy room, with some lovely details you won't find at a big chain. An Easter basket for my son was waiting outside our room door Easter Sunday morning. The Easter Bunny was at breakfast buffet for pictures, handing out candy to all. And an egg hunt by the duck pond for the little kids was cute. All complimentary. I've stayed here before, as well as other newer, flashier places in the area. For the money and service, none compare to the Meadowbrook. We're already booking our room for when Thomas the Tank Engine comes to Tweetsie RR in June! - Hilary W.

Room Tip: Vending and ice are on second floor, which has a nice little seating area overlooking the lobby. First floor is a problem for noise - especially if there's a big event (wedding reception and after-party in the rooms). First floor rooms on the reception entry side of the hotel are ground level and windows are next to the car lane for check in or passenger drop off/pick up (or people coming/going at all hours). When booking, if there are big events booked that weekend, go to a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hilary W

Dear Hilary,
I'm so glad you enjoyed Easter at the Meadowbrook! We all have so much fun planning Easter "secrets"! Our Executive Chef and his team make a festive breakfast and put out a Bunny Cake with Easter cupcakes to munch on or take home. Our Front Desk staff prepares Easter Bunny Baskets and quietly places them in front of children's doors in the wee hours of the morning.
This year one of our hard-working housekeepers volunteered to be the Easter Bunny. He was adorable, wasn't he??? It was a delight to see that even adults loved the chocolate carrots, eggs, and bunnies he passed out at breakfast! The impromptu Easter egg hunt was just darling, and I think we may try to add that next year, as well.
Thanks for letting us know!