“Best Location in Blowing Rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hemlock Inn

Hemlock Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Location in Blowing Rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for the week-end when attending a wedding in town. The people could not have been nicer. The rooms were very cozy and extremely clean. I'd have to say the only negative thing was when they cleaned the room there was a strong odor of pine sol. Once I opened the window and the room aired out it was fine. BUT the best thing about this place is the location. Just park your car and walk everywhere in town to all the amazing shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Any room is good, although maybe in the back would be preferable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about us. We hope you had a great time at our Inn and in our area. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

9/17/2013: We found this inn by accident and it was the best place we stayed at during our road trip! The owners are delightful and directed us to great sites to see and places to eat. We were able to stay in connecting rooms so that our 21 yr old daughter had her own room with a full little kitchen area. The rooms are decorated tastefully but with a personal touch (green and white towels, printed sheets) and with queen beds. It is on a quiet side street from Main St. and it took us only 2 minutes to walk to shops yet we had the peacefulness of the mountains in the evenings.
We would stay here any time we are in the area!

Room Tip: They can accommodate a variety of needs because of connecting doors and different size rooms!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for your kind words for us. We are glad you had such a good time in our area. Hope you can come back to our inn in the near future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I absolutely loved this small,quaint hotel. It is not corporate, which I love and is family owned. The rooms are darling. It was an easy walk to everything in town. BlowingRock is a great town to just take a late night stroll. Many good restaurants within walking distance (even though it is a short car ride to our favorite restaurant, FoggyRock, on the bypass). you will love staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for your kind thoughts of our inn. It really means a lot to us.
Smithfield, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have stayed at Hemlock Inn every time I visit Blowing Rock and my wife and I had our first date there, so I guess it's a special place for us. The owners and staff are always friendly, helpful and go beyond just providing a room. Once I made a reservation, but showed up a day late because of my mistake on what date i made the reservation. The owners could have charged for the night I missed since I did not call to cancel, but they did not and were very understanding. All the rooms are decorated different and very comfortable. I think the wife and I have stayed in most all by now. David, who usually works at night, is very friendly and helpful on every visit and it's nice that he knows us by our first name when we arrive. We spent our first anniversary there and was very surprised that they provided a complimentary bottle of wine. A very nice touch to make us feel special. I have recommended Hemlock Inn to friends who have been very pleased with their stay. This is the only place we will stay when visiting Blowing Rock area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Went on a weekend getway to escape the city heat back iin July 2012. Hemlock Inn is very nice on the outside looking like your tradtional mountain lodge. The staff is super friendly and accomodating. The location is great as its a few steps from Main Street in Blowing Rock which has lots to do and see.
The rooms certianly could use a touch of updating, but to be honest, its what I expect when I go to a mountain lodge. We spent most of our time outside anyways. The landscaping outside is also really beautiful. I love the town of Blowing Rock and the term I would use to describe this place is charming. We didnt have to pay, in my estimate, a lot for the room rate and we did it on short notice. To sum it up briefly, I would stay there again on a future trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrosborne
Roxboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Looks very nice on the outside, but inside a different story. Rooms are outdated, beds are hard as a rock, bathrooms have no heat. For $100 per night, I was expecting a lot nicer place and a much bigger room.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank brent c
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

We go to Blowing Rock 5 or 6 times a year for 5 or 6 days at a time, and we always stay at the Hemlock. Staff is friendly and helpful. The location is convenient to shops and restaurants. The innkeepers Brian and Donna are friendly and will go out of their way to see that you have a pleasant stay in their inn. It's become our "home away from home".

• Stayed November 2012